06 December 2016
We sell this city: advertising in Melbourne
Advertising can make or break a campaign. What makes one ad memorable and another forgettable?
- Free tickets to Millionaire Hot Seat 20/04/2017
- Fact or Fiction: Does Anybody Care? 21/09/2016
- Tropfest 2017 - Year of the Pineapple 15/07/2016
- Could you be Australia’s latest millionaire? 04/04/2016
- Millionaire Hot Seat 17/03/2016
- You + your business idea = Channel Nine’s new television series 18/01/2016
The State Library of Victoria is inviting you to delve into its advertising collections, discuss the process of creating advertising campaigns, and hear from design experts about past and present trends.
Inspired by summer exhibition ON AIR: 40 YEARS OF 3RRR, the event will showcase cutting-edge graphic design, including from the Library's Triple R archive and the Firestone collection of embossed showcards used by iconic companies from the 1920s.
The event will be held on 14 December 2016 from 3 to 4.15pm. Bookings are required.
- Megan Atkins (interior, exhibitions and graphic designers)
- Amanda Scardamaglia (senior lecturer and Deputy Chair of the Swinburne Law School)
- Adele Smith (co-founder and Account Director of boutique creative agency Actual Size).
For more information, go to State Library Victoria.