Victorian public transport concession card

Eligible students can apply for cheaper travel on Victorian trains, trams and buses.


To be eligible for a Victorian public transport concession card you must:

  • meet all of the criteria specified on the PTV website, and
  • be studying full time, i.e. in each semester you must be studying 36 credit points (higher education students) or at least 270 hours (vocational education students).

The following students are not eligible and cannot apply for this scheme:

  • postgraduate students
  • international students
  • New Zealand citizens
  • Study Abroad Students
  • Apprentices.

International students and New Zealand citizens/permanent residents and undergraduate Study Abroad students may be eligible to apply for iUSEpass.

Exchange students

In addition to following the instructions below, you will need to request a letter from the Global Experience Office to accompany your application. The Global Experience Office can be found at RMIT Connect on the City campus.

Download your application form

You can download your pre-populated application form via myRMIT 24–48 hours after your student card photo has been approved.

  • Log in to myRMIT.
  • Select the myServices tab.
  • Select Print your transport concession form.