Access and Equity Business Creation Scholarship
If you are a Certificate IV in Small Business Management student with the drive to establish your own business, this scholarship could assist you with tuition fees, tutoring, a study allowance, and mentoring on completion of the program.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides the following:
Stipend allowance (for study costs) paid fortnightly
Up to $11,400
Tuition fees paid on your behalf for the Certificate IV in Small Business Management
Up to 30 hrs of mentoring post completion of this program
Up to $2,040
Up to $19,240
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be full-time enrolled in the Certificate IV in Small Business Management (BSB40415)
- demonstrate the ability to start your own business upon completion of the program
- show leadership potential
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage or barriers to employment such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- relocating from interstate or rural / regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
- Other circumstances such as;
- being a single-parent
- a woman returning to the workforce
- experiencing barriers to employment/education based on age.
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application.
Please refer to the Supporting Documentation – Financial and Educational Disadvantage Guide (PDF 240kb, 3p) which outlines acceptable forms of supporting documentation.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Describe the business you wish to establish upon completing this program.
- What is it about your business idea that will ensure its success in today’s market.
- Describe how you have shown leadership potential in your working and/or personal life.
Applications now open.
Applications close 11:59PM Thursday August 31 2017.
Terms and conditions
Recipients of this scholarship:
- must remain enrolled full-time in the Certificate IV in Small Business Management
- are not able to change programs and keep this scholarship
- are not able to take leave or have unauthorised part-time study and keep this scholarship
- are not able to redeem any unused portion of the scholarship, including the mentoring hours as payment
- will not be eligible to receive any other scholarship from RMIT while in receipt of this scholarship.
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 464kb, 30p).
The scholarship mentoring is available upon completion of this program by qualified Vocational Education staff.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account. Only successful candidates will be contacted.