20 October 2011
Keep your IT equipment safe on campus
All staff and students are reminded to ensure all IT, AV and mobile devices are always in a secure environment.
Please observe the following precautions:
- Where possible, secure computers and, particularly, notebook computers with locking devices. Locks can be ordered through your IT Procurement Coordinator (email email@example.com)
- Ensure deliveries are stored in secure areas
- Lock areas not intended for public access
- If you leave your office unattended, lock it before you leave
- Follow your area’s protocol with regard to visitors, contractors and tradespeople e.g. ensure they register, wear identification etc.
ITS continues to work with Security to identify ways to minimise theft. Report any suspicious behaviour to Security.
[Source: Brian Clark, Executive Director, Information Technology Services]