Scholarship for Women in Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
If you are a woman commencing engineering studies in 2017 in aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing or sustainable systems engineering, this scholarship can provide you with financial assistance in your first year of study.
Value and duration
The scholarship pays $5000 for one year (first year).
Number of scholarships available
Up to three.
To be eligible for this Scholarship you must:
- be female
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or permanent humanitarian visa holder
- have achieved an ATAR score (or Year 12 equivalent) of 95 or above in 2015 or 2016
- be commencing full-time study in a Bachelor of Engineering degree in the field of aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing or sustainable systems engineering at RMIT in Semester 1 2017
- be able to demonstrate community involvement and/or leadership potential
- demonstrate aspiration and aptitude to study in your chosen field
- be available for an interview if shortlisted.
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Note: it is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your academic performance with a particular focus on any achievements, awards or significant academic results.
- Why do you wish to study in the aerospace, automotive, mechanical, manufacturing or sustainable systems engineering field(s)?
- What are your future plans and career aspirations in the engineering industry?
- Describe your most recent involvement in community activities (e.g. volunteering, club memberships) and/or any leadership roles you have had.
Applications open 15 August 2016.
Applications close 4pm Friday 6 January 2017.
Terms and conditions
As holder of this scholarship you must maintain at least satisfactory academic performance. The scholarship will be paid in two instalments: $2500 in April/May and $2500 in September.
View the Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 464kb, 28p)
This scholarship seeks to recognise and reward talented female students who can demonstrate outstanding levels of academic achievement.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified by 31 March 2017. Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not received an offer letter by 31 March 2017, your application has been unsuccessful.