Helping everyone print and copy
No matter whether you’re a student, staff member or you’re conducting research at RMIT University, chances are you’ll need to use a printing device. It’s an essential part of campus life.
At RMIT’s Victorian sites, our IT printing experts are on the job to ensure everything runs smoothly. We manage the purchase, installation and support of RMIT owned printing devices – making sure that everyone has the ability to print and copy documents.
For Ricoh multi-function devices, you’ll need to swipe your student or ID card to access your printing account – or enter your RMIT network ID and password manually via the control panel.
And for access to library printers, just pick up a pre-paid printing card.
Here’s what you get:
- print issue support and management
- network printer access
- secure print release (via card or log-in)
- scan to email capability and fax services (for staff only)
- printing to any approved multi-function device from a global print queue
- colour printing and sizing to A3
- student print credit management (but not pre-paid library print card top-ups)
- new device requests (for staff only).
Digital offset printing and support for customer owned devices are outside the scope of this service.
Student cards can be topped up by using the EFTPOS machines which are available at Brunswick Library, Bundoora East Library, Bundoora Library, Carlton Library, Swanston Library (Levels 5 and 6), outside the Hub (City), and the Walk up Lab (Building 8, level 3).
For pricing and lost and stolen card information, see the library printing page.
Ready to get on with IT?
- For student information, visit our student printing page.
- For staff and researchers, see the staff printing page.
- To log a service request, complete the myTechSupport form or contact the Service and Support Centre for assistance.
For high impact printing disruptions, we’ll respond within 15 minutes and aim to have things resolved within two hours.
For access, software and advice requests – we’ll get back to you within two business days and try to have things sorted within five business days. New device requests may take longer.