RMIT Humanitarian Visa Scholarship
If you are a current Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder wanting to study a vocational or undergraduate program at RMIT University, this scholarship could provide financial assistance with payment of a study/living allowance.
Applications now closed.
Value and duration
This scholarship provides $5000 per year for the standard full-time duration of your program.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must :
- be a holder of a current Permanent Humanitarian Visa (PHV) and not hold Australian citizenship
- be commencing or continuing in an certificate iv, diploma, advanced diploma, associate degree or bachelor degree in semester 1 2019 at an RMIT University Melbourne campus
- be studying full-time, part-time enrolments will only be considered in extenuating circumstances
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- have/will be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
How to apply
The link to the application form will be provided here once applications open.
Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence and material to support your scholarship application. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Please visit Supporting Your Application for more information.
You will need:
- If you are a current or former refugee, you must provide evidence of your refugee status in Australia.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
- Discuss any difficult circumstances you have faced that have affected your education.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications for 2019 open 8 August 2018.
Applications now closed.
Applications for 2019 close 11:59PM Sunday 18 November 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office's Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions.
- Scholarship cannot be deferred or placed on hold.
- The continuation of the scholarship each semester is subject to meeting satisfactory academic performance.
- If you gain Australian citizenship while holding this scholarship, your scholarship will not be cancelled. All other terms and conditions will remain in place.
Extenuating circumstances for part-time study are approved in limited circumstances such as where current medical conditions/disability does not allow full-time study. Working or not being able to enroll full-time due to failed courses are not approved circumstances for studying part-time.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account. If you have not received an offer via email by 31 March 2019, your application has been unsuccessful.