RMIT Humanitarian Visa Scholarship
If you are a current Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder wanting to study a vocational or undergraduate program at RMIT University, this scholarship could provide financial assistance with payment of a study/living allowance.
Value and duration
This scholarship provides $5000 per year for the standard full-time duration of your program.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must :
- be a holder of a current Permanent Humanitarian Visa (PHV) and not hold Australian citizenship
- be commencing or continuing in an certificate iv, diploma, advanced diploma, associate degree or bachelor degree in semester 1 2018 at an RMIT University Melbourne campus
- be studying full-time, part-time enrolments will only be considered in extenuating circumstances
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- have/will be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to study at RMIT
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
How to apply
No application is required, PHV students who have applied for the 2018 Orcadia Foundation Scholarship will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Applications now closed.
Applications now closed.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office's Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions.
- Scholarship cannot be deferred or placed on hold.
- The continuation of the scholarship each semester is subject to meeting satisfactory academic performance.
Extenuating circumstances for part-time study are approved in limited circumstances such as where current medical conditions/disability does not allow full-time study. Working or not being able to enroll full-time due to failed courses are not approved circumstances for studying part-time.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Students not receiving an email of scholarship offer have been unsuccessful.