Irana Turynska Scholarship
If you are female and will be enrolled full-time in your third year of the Bachelor of Architectural Design or first year of the Master of Architecture in 2018, this scholarship could provide financial assistance.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides up to $10,000 for one year.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be female
- have resided in Australia for less than ten years
- be studying full-time in the standard semester 1 and 2 in your third year of the Bachelor of Architectural Design or your first year of the Master of Architecture (by coursework) in 2018
- have a Grade Point Average (GPA) to date of 2.5 or greater in the Bachelor of Architectural Design.
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application. Applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
You will need:
- one letter of recommendation from an RMIT academic to support the statements you have made in your application (diploma applicants may use a recent teacher as a referee) dated no more than three months ago. To assist the academic/teacher, provide them with Writing a Scholarship Letter of Recommendation for a Student (PDF 156kb, 1p) for tips and guidance.
- A copy of your Permanent Humanitarian Visa (PHV) or refugee documentation from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (if applicable).
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Describe your academic performance at RMIT, in particular discuss any achievements or significant academic results?
- Discuss your passion for studying in your chosen field, including the steps you have taken to achieve your educational goals.
- What are your future plans and career aspirations?
- How do you intend to use this scholarship and how will it assist you to achieve academic success?
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now open.
Applications close 11:59PM Sunday 19 November 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
Terms and conditions
View the Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 464kb, 30p)
The Irana Turynska Scholarship is made available by the generous bequest of the late Irana Turynska, an RMIT alumnus who studied architecture.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student account by 31 March 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not received an offer letter by 31 March 2018, your application has been unsuccessful.
Ready to Apply?