Download EndNote software and related files to your computer.
Download and assistance
Need help with downloading or installing the software? Contact IT Service and Support Centre.
EndNote releases important updates regularly. To install updates, select Help, then EndNote Program Updates within your EndNote library, or download them from this page.
Additional downloads: styles, journal term lists, connections and filters
You’ll have to save these files into their corresponding sub-folders (i.e. Connections, Filters, Styles) in the EndNote program folder:
- For PCs, the location will be: C:\Program Files\EndNote\
- For Macs the location will be: /Applications > EndNote
If you are unable to directly save style, connection or filter files into EndNote's Styles, Connections or Filters folders, please save the file to your desktop, then drag and drop it into its respective folder.
Output styles are used to control the appearance of references in a bibliography. Check our referencing guide for an explanation of various styles.
- RMIT Harvard Style (ENS, 57KB). This style is used by RMIT Business students and others.
- Guide to the RMIT Harvard EndNote Output Style (PDF, 2,216KB) Includes examples illustrating how the style can be used with various types of information.
- AGLC3 Footnotes only (ENS, 24.6 KB) from the University of Queensland Library
- AGLC3 Footnotes and Bibliography (ENS, 38 KB) from the University of Queensland Library
- AIP alternate journal (ENS, 13 KB)
- ACS alternate journal (ENS, 23 KB)
- EndNote.com's list of styles – contains thousands of bibliographic styles for a variety of disciplines. Many of these are already part of your EndNote software.
- Research CV style – edited style for use with the EndNote CATEGORIZE REFERENCES for managing a research CV.doc available from Information Research Methods 3 : Working with your Search Results tutorial.
Australian Output Styles site contains bibliographic styles for several Australian journals that you would need to conform to for your article or manuscript submission if you want to publish in that journal. Although some of these styles are found in EndNote.com, not all of them are.
Journal Term Lists
When EndNote is installed, several Journal Term Lists are automatically incorporated in the installation, except for Earth Sciences.
You will need to download the Earth Sciences Journal Term List separately.
Connection files allow EndNote to connect to, search and import references from an online database or library catalogue. You search from within EndNote rather than using the database’s search interface. Many connection files are included in the EndNote software. You can download additional connection files from EndNote.com.
To use the connection file, save it to the corresponding sub-folders:
- On Windows, save the file to C:\Program Files\EndNote\Connections
- On Mac, save the file to Applications > EndNote > Connections