Sustainability Seedlings Fund
Do you have any exciting sustainability ideas which you need help to grow?
Trace the Bean, Student Fairtrade project
Breakout Solar Music Event – School of Media and Communications
The Sustainability Committee has an annual budget to provide seed funding for sustainability-related projects and ventures. The aim is to catalyse new research and/or embed sustainability into University learning & teaching, operations or student activities. To receive funding projects must deliver sustainability benefits (social, economic and environmental) to the RMIT community, as either a completed project or underpinning research/evidence.
In the past the Committee has funded the following projects:
- Sustainable Energy Resource for Students – GUSS and the Alternative Technology Association
- Greening RMIT – Student urban gardening project
- Trace the Bean – Student Fairtrade project
- Sustainable Electric Vehicle Development – Student Project
- Low-Carbon Powerhouses – School of Property Construction and Project Management
- Breakout Solar Music Event – School of Media and Communications.
Value and duration
The Sustainability Seedlings Fund totals $50,000, however individual applications should not exceed $5000 (exceptions can be made for compelling projects).
All allocated funding must be spent by 31 December 2016, with no opportunity for the funds to be rolled over.
Applications close on Friday 6 May 2016.
To apply for a Sustainability Seedlings Fund, the following process applies:
- Please read the Submission Guidelines (doc, 50kb, 2p).
- Complete the Application Form (doc, 52kb, 2p) demonstrating how the submission meets each requirement.
- The submission must be endorsed by a relevant Head of School or Portfolio Executive.
- The completed signed application should be emailed to email@example.com
- The submission deadline is Friday 6 May 2016.
- The submission will be reviewed by a panel of Sustainability Committee members, before final approval is sought from the Committee Chair.
- The Sustainability Committee will make a determination about the successful applications by Friday 20 May 2016.
- Successful applicants will be expected to provide details of their finance officers to be able to complete the respective fund transfers.
- All allocated funding must be spent by 31 December 2016, with no opportunity for the funds to be rolled over.
- Project updates must be provided to the Committee on a quarterly basis and a final report and promotional article should be drafted at the conclusion of the project.
- All projects will be encouraged to submit papers to conferences, release news articles and to apply for awards as appropriate.
For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org