10 April 2014
Indian Film Festival of Melbourne
The Indian Film Festival of Melbourne is now one of the key events in Victoria’s cultural calendar
Experience firsthand what this great subcontinent has to offer.
Back for its third year, the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) will be showcasing 45 films in 20 languages and dialects from across the Indian subcontinent with 31 Australian premieres.
Bollywood screen legend Amitabh Bachchan will be at the festival’s opening and inaugural awards events. In addition, internationally-renowned Paul Cox, Phillip Noyce and Jill Bilcock will be representing Australia’s film industry in the festival’s judging panel.
Some of the festival’s highlights are:
• Bollywood dance competition (free entry) – 4 May, Federation Square
• Film screenings (free entry) – 5 to 9 May, Federation Square
• Film screenings ($10 for group bookings) – Hoyts Melbourne Central and Chadstone
• IFFM Awards Night with Amitabh Bachchan (from $20) – 2 May, Princess Theatre
• Film classes ($10) – 4, 5 and 9 May, Hoyts Melbourne Central and Melbourne University.
For more information, go to Indian Film Festival of Melbourne.