Information and resources for academic staff wishing to apply for research grants via the Australian Research Council (ARC).
The School of Global, Urban and Social Studies has an excellent research record across diverse areas and its researchers have been successful in a number of ARC Discovery and ARC Linkage Grants.
Australian Research Council information
The ARC is a statutory authority within the Australian Government's Innovation, Industry, Science and Research (IISR) portfolio. Its mission is to deliver policy and programs that advance Australian research and innovation globally and benefit the community.
In seeking to achieve its mission, the ARC provides advice to the Government on research matters and manages the National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP), a significant component of Australia's investment in research and development.
The ARC funds research and researchers under the NCGP. As part of its commitment to nurturing the creative abilities and skills of Australia's most promising researchers, the NCGP provides:
- support for the highest-quality research leading to the discovery of new ideas and the advancement of knowledge
- ﬁnancial assistance towards facilities and equipment that researchers need to be internationally competitive
- support for the training and skills development of the next generation of researchers
- incentives for Australia’s most talented researchers to work in partnership with leading researchers throughout the national innovation system and internationally, and to form alliances with Australian industry.
Below are a number of important links that will assist researchers in applying for various research grants available through the Australian Research Council:
- Australian Research Council National Competitive Grants Program
- Information for applicants
- Instructions to applicants and FAQs
- ARC important dates