Telephony and voicemail
Information Technology Services manages the infrastructure of the RMIT internal telephone network. This page provides assistance to users of RMIT telephony and voicemail services.
- Apply for a new telephone connection or handset by completing a Telephony service form.
- Check the Conference calls on VoIP and analogue phones myCommunity post for instructions on transferring calls, group pickup, diverting calls and other standard telephone features.
- See the STD/IDD myCommunity post for information on requesting access and using STD/IDD.
- Go to the Virtual Office myCommunity post for more information on accessing personalised VoIP telephone settings from any VoIP telephone on campus (also known as hotdesking).
- Find user guides and manuals for your telephone and telephone system features in Telephony user manuals.
- Apply for a new voicemail account by completing a Telephony service form.
- Find user guides and manuals for voicemail on the Telephony user manuals web page.
- Order a new telephone headset by following the steps in Telephone headsets.
- Headset user manuals can be found on the vendor’s website, please refer to the details on Telephone headsets.
- Update the contact telephone number in your RMIT web profile by completing the online Update your contact details form.
- IT service status
- For mobile telephone information, please see Telephone Services – Mobile Phones.
To view ‘how-to’ videos, visit the VoIP RMIT telephone system web page.
For assistance with telephony and voicemail please contact the Service and Support Centre.