Telephony and voicemail
Information Technology Services manages the infrastructure of the RMIT internal telephone network. This page provides assistance to users of RMIT telephony and voicemail services.
- Apply for a new telephone connection or handset by completing a Telephony service form.
- Check the Conference calls on VoIP and analogue phones myCommunity post for instructions on transferring calls, group pickup, diverting calls and other standard telephone features.
- See the STD/IDD myCommunity post for information on requesting access and using STD/IDD.
- Go to the Virtual Office myCommunity post for more information on accessing personalised VoIP telephone settings from any VoIP telephone on campus (also known as hotdesking).
- Find user guides and manuals for your telephone and telephone system features in Telephony user manuals.
- Apply for a new voicemail account by completing a Telephony service form.
- Find user guides and manuals for voicemail on the Telephony user manuals web page.
- Update the contact telephone number in your RMIT web profile by completing the online Update your contact details form.
- IT service status
- For mobile telephone information, please see Telephone Services – Mobile Phones.
Telephone headsets are available for most types of telephones used within RMIT including the new VoIP telephones.
Ordering, receiving and installing
The following process provides the steps required to order, receive and install a telephone headset:
- Go to the headset vendor’s RMIT headset page.
- Follow directions on the headset vendor’s page to view headset types, ask questions, and get pricing.
- Download and complete headset ordering form.
- Forward the form, with manager’s approval, via email to ITS on email@example.com.
- ITS will order the telephone headset
- Delivery will be to your local IT desktop support group.
- Your local IT desktop support will deliver and install the headset at your work station.
- Access the Telephone Headset documentation via the Telephony user manuals myCommunity post, or
- Contact the Service and Support Centre if you require further assistance.