What is a global experience?
A global experience is any time an RMIT student travels overseas for an activity as part of their degree. It can include:
- Global Intensives (Study Tours)
- Clinical Placements
- Conference attendance/presentations
- Double degrees
- To be considered for any funding from Global Experience you must register your details*
- Access our online module for travel and risk awareness
What happens after I register?
- Your registration will be reviewed and if complete you will be 'Accepted by RMIT'. You then need to accept your offer by agreeing to the terms and conditions of a Global Experience.
- If you have applied for funding you will be notified of funding outcome (no less than two weeks after the deadline which is the first day of the month prior to the program start date)
- You will be registered in the International SOS elearning module. Complete this module and upload a copy of your complete certificate
- If you have completed a study plan you will receive enrolment codes
- You will need to enter the details of your travel include flight, passport and travel insurance information
*deadline for funding applications is the first day of the month prior to program start date
Do I need a study plan?
Do you want to receive credit for your overseas program? If so, you need to complete a Study Plan and attach it to your registration. More information on how to complete a Study Plan as well as a Study Plan template can be found here. In order to receive credit your program must meet the following requirements:
- Your program provides you with a transcript or detailed evidence of the program undertaken
- Your program is assessed as equivalent to an RMIT course