How to enrol commencing students
Guidelines for admitting and enrolling commencing students at all offshore partners – except for Singapore Institute of Management.
Admit your students
Before students can be enrolled they must be admitted into the program/plan into which they will enrol.
To get students admitted, school/college staff must:
- check the program is:
- open to admissions, and
- have the application limits set up, then
- complete and submit the Quick Admit Slip (with or without your quick admit Excel spreadsheet) via email to email@example.com.
Note: when you are planning, please consider the processing times in relation to the scheduled enrolment date.
Request enrolment forms
Before they can be permitted to enrol, all RMIT students must fully complete an Enrolment and statistical data form for each program and each academic year.
In addition, offshore students have to complete a Course selection template once per academic year.
To request your Enrolment and statistical data forms, college/school staff must:
- email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating whether you want them in PDF or hard copy format
- ensure students are active (admitted) in the program as forms can only be generated for active (admitted) students
- allow enough time for the forms to be produced.
Enrol your students
Enrolment takes place during the orientation, induction or welcome session that is held before the students’ first teaching period. Students will know to attend as they will have received this information in their offer letter.
- students can complete and submit a Change of personal information form
- staff should ensure students complete, sign and date their:
- enrolment forms, and
- course selection template
- authorised RMIT or partner staff will date stamp all related documentation
- the partner will transfer the stamped forms to the relevant RMIT school or college administrator (who will check the forms before forwarding to Global Enrolment Services in the ARG).
- enrolled students may wish to:
Students cannot be admitted to enrol after the census date.
However, students who apply for a program after the application closing date may be admitted provided the school/college provides written approval.
You can submit late applicants’ admit details using the Quick Admit Slip.
Please notify the student/s that their access to online learning materials will be delayed.