School of Art Honours Travelling Grant
If you are a full-time Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art) (Honours) student and can demonstrate outstanding academic achievement in individual studio practice, this grant could provide you with financial assistance for you to travel and take your art to the next level.
Value and duration
The grant provides a one-off payment up to $3750 before your trip. There is no restriction on the duration of travel.
For travel outside Australia only.
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this grant you must:
- be enrolled full-time in the standard semester 1 and 2 in the Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art) (Honours) program in 2017
- have achieved high distinction or distinction grades during Semester 1, 2017
- submit your own original art works with your application
- be travelling outside of Australia
How to apply
Complete the online application by the close date. Multiple applications will not be considered; only your first application will be assessed.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit a complete online application. Partial applications will not be assessed.
Ensure that you have your supporting documentation ready to upload in order to complete your application. Applications without supporting documentation will not be considered.
You will need:
- A curriculum vitae, no more than two pages in length.
- A selection of five examples of your own, original artistic work in the form of images of visual works (.JPEG)
- A selection of five examples of your own, original artistic sound works uploaded to Soundcloud.
- A selection of five examples of your own, original artistic video/animation works uploaded to Vimeo or You Tube.
It is expected that the online application will take approximately thirty minutes to complete. Once you have completed a question online, you cannot go back and modify your response(s). The main application questions are listed below to allow you time to prepare your answers in advance prior to starting the online application.
- Provide a brief overview of your planned mobility activity, including the location and duration.
- How will this activity benefit you academically and professionally?
- Describe the artistic merit evident in your work.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Applications now open.
Applications close 11:59PM Sunday 29 October 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
Terms and conditions
If your application is successful, you are required to exhibit your work at the School of Art Gallery exhibition in August 2018 (date to be confirmed by the School).
If you apply for this grant, RMIT has the right to take the images from the disc or the original artwork for promotion and publicity purposes. These include digital images, video, film for use in RMIT publications and websites. Students hold the copyright to their work and RMIT will acknowledge the students in all media publications.
View the Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 464kb, 30p)
Dr Greg Creek
The School of Art
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Successful candidates will be posted at the Honours & MA Coursework Graduate Exhibition opening in on December 7 and receive a follow up offer letter. Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not received an offer letter by 31 December 2017, your application has been unsuccessful.
Ready to Apply?