EndNote help and training
Teach yourself how to use EndNote with the EndNote: a beginner’s guide or join one of our EndNote for beginners classes. You can also explore other online tutorials, webinars and discussion forums for help and tips.
Learn how to use EndNote
Self-paced Library guide
EndNote: a beginner’s guide has all the information you need to learn about EndNote in your own time.
Face-to-face Library classes
There are two classes on offer:
- EndNote for beginners class is a great way to learn how to create, store and manage your references using EndNote.
- EndNote ‘Drop-in’ – beyond the basics sessions offered at Swanston Library will help you with EndNote problems or queries.
Join EndNote class at your campus Library.
Online training from EndNote creators
EndNote.com Training offers online tutorials and regular webinars for beginners and advanced users. Webinars are live, so you can ask questions just as you would in person. When booking a webinar, remember to select a Sydney session.
EndNote on social media
Follow EndNote on Twitter @EndNoteNews
Problems with downloading and installing EndNote
Please contact RMIT IT Service Desk.
Troubleshooting EndNote libraries
Library staff are not trained in troubleshooting EndNote libraries or Word documents, but there are EndNote experts available online to help with your questions. Try these links for assistance:
- EndNote.com FAQs will answer most of your troubleshooting questions. Check here first.
- EndNote discussion forum is run by the publishers of EndNote. They will help you if you do not find the answer in the FAQs or tutorials.
Practice documents used in library classes
We use these files in our ‘Endnote for beginners’ classes.
- 2017_MAC_EndNoteX7_studenthandout (DOCX 4.82 MB)
- 2017_WIN_EndNoteX7_studenthandout (DOCX 6.48 MB)
- Minimum fields handout (DOC, 116 KB)
- Some useful EndNote terminology (DOC, 113 KB)
- 'Information literacy' - practice document (DOC, 20 KB)
- 'Kinematics' - practice document (DOC, 27 KB)
- Sample journal article (PDF, 4.3 MB)
EndNote library files
Right click on the link and select ‘Save Target As’ or ‘Save Link As’ option.
- 'Education' - sample EndNote library file (ENL, 266 KB)
- 'Media and Communications' sample EndNote library file (ENL, 534 KB)
Need help with a referencing style?