EndNote help and training
Teach yourself how to use EndNote with our online tutorial or join one of our face-to-face training workshops. You can also explore other online tutorials, webinars and discussion forums for help and tips.
Learn how to use EndNote
Online Library training
EndNote: a beginner’s guide: online guide to help you learn about collecting, managing, storing and sharing references using EndNote.
Face-to-face Library training
Introduction to EndNote Desktop: in this face-to-face workshop we will show you how to use a full, desktop version of EndNote to collect, manage, store and share references. This workshop will be of most interest to researchers, Honours, postgraduates and anyone else who needs to keep track of a large number of references in their research work.
Introduction to EndNote basic: in this face-to-face workshop we will show you how to use the free, web-based version of the EndNote program. This workshop will be useful to undergraduates, Vocational Education students and anyone who needs to reference a small number of publications in their assignments.
EndNote ‘Drop-in’ - beyond the basics: come along at the nominated times to the Library for help with EndNote problems or questions.
Online training from EndNote creators
EndNote.com Training offers online tutorials and regular webinars for beginners and advanced users. Webinars are live, so you can ask questions just as you would in person. When booking a webinar, remember to select a Sydney session.
EndNote on social media
Follow EndNote on Twitter @EndNoteNews
Downloading and installing EndNote
If you have any problems, please contact RMIT IT Service Desk.
Troubleshooting EndNote libraries
Library staff are not trained in troubleshooting EndNote libraries or Word documents, but there are EndNote experts available online to help with your questions. Try these links for assistance:
- EndNote.com FAQs will answer most of your troubleshooting questions. Check here first.
- EndNote discussion forum is run by the publishers of EndNote. They will help you if you do not find the answer in the FAQs or tutorials.
Practice documents used in library workshops
We use these files in our Endnote workshops.
Exercises - EndNote Desktop
- 2018 MAC EndNoteX8 student handout (DOCX 4 MB)
- 2018 WIN EndNoteX8 student handout (DOCX 4.2 MB)
- Minimum fields handout (DOC, 116 KB)
- EndNote terminology (DOC, 114 KB)
- 'Information literacy' - practice document (DOC, 20 KB)
- 'Kinematics' - practice document (DOC, 27 KB)
- Sample journal article (PDF, 4.3 MB)
EndNote Desktop library files
Right click on the link and select ‘Save Target As’ or ‘Save Link As’ option.
- 'Education' - sample EndNote library file (ENL, 266 KB)
- 'Media and Communications' sample EndNote library file (ENL, 534 KB)
Need help with a referencing style?