Resources are available to support curriculum development and renewal in learning and teaching for sustainability.
- College of Design and Social Context: Guiding Principles for Leading Tertiary Educational Practice
- College of Science, Engineering and Health strategy and planning
- RMIT Library: Sustainability Learning and Teaching Resources
- Education for sustainability: A module to help integrate sustainability into teaching [DOC, ‘5q1e425yr4ddz.doc’, 2.3MB, 51 pages]
Other universities’ resources
- Swinburne University: Classroom Education for Sustainability (EfS) Activities
- Macquarie University: Learning and Teaching for Sustainability
- Higher Education Academy UK: The Future Fit Framework
- University of Gloucestershire: Education for Sustainability: A Guide for Educators on Teaching and Learning Approaches [PDF, ‘EfS_Educators_Guide.pdf’, 209 KB, 5 pages]
- University of Gloucestershire: Education for Sustainability at the University
- Plymoth University: 7 steps to embedding Sustainability in your teaching
- Jenny Underwood, Fiona Wahr, Emma Lynas and Claire Beale (2010) A Group Approach to Embedding Sustainability within a Degree Curriculum: Collaborative, creative, iterative [PDF, 822KB] presented at the Australian Campuses Towards Sustainability Conference, Melbourne.
- The Education for Sustainability Jig-Saw Puzzle: Implementation in Universities (2012) Ian Thomas, Kathryn Hegarty and Sarah Holdsworth Rogers, J 2009 ‘Constructing the Social in Sustainable City Discourse’ in International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability Vol. 5, No. 3 pp. 37-46.
- Education for sustainability in university curricula. Policies and practice in Victoria (2011) by Peodair Leihy and Jose Salazar, Centre for the Study of Higher Education, University of Melbourne (Prepared for Sustainability Victoria).
Scholarly journals and articles
- The International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education
- Sustainability Science
- Achieving transformative sustainability learning: engaging head, hands and heart
- University sustainability in the Australasian university context
- Key competencies in sustainability: a reference framework for academic program development