PhD Scholarship in Engineering for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates
The School of Engineering is offering a PhD scholarship in engineering for research candidates with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
This scholarship is available for Indigenous Australians to pursue a PhD in engineering. It is open to Indigenous candidates who have studied a Bachelor of Engineering at RMIT or other institution and meet the eligibility criteria for a PhD.
Value and duration
The scholarship will provide a stipend of $30,000 per annum pro- rata (full-time study) for a maximum of 3.5 years duration.
Number of scholarships available
Based on applications received.
Applicants must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage.
This scholarship is for PhD or Masters by Research candidates only. To be considered for scholarship, you must:
- hold or be currently completing a Master by Research, or a Master by Coursework with a significant research component graded as high distinction, or equivalent, or an Honours degree achieving first class honours, or a four-year bachelor degree achieving a GPA of 4 or equivalent (80% or above), or publications or significant research experience that could be deemed equivalent
- hold an offer for a School of Engineering higher degree by research program
- not be in possession of any other RMIT scholarship
Part-time and full-time candidates are eligible.
Scholarship applicants already enrolled in a research degree must have:
- more than 24 months remaining of a PhD candidature as at 1 January 2018
- more than 12 months remaining of a Master by Research candidature as at 1 January 2018
How to apply
Applicants who submit an application through the general RMIT scholarship round and indicate that they are of Indigenous or Torres Strait Islander origin will automatically be considered for this scholarship by the School of Engineering.
Applications open 3 July 2017.
Applications close 31 October 2017.
Terms and conditions
RMIT's standard research scholarship terms and conditions (PDF 327kb 10p) will apply to this scholarship.
School of Engineering Higher Degree by Research Administration