Using fire equipment
- Select the appropriate fire extinguisher for the class of fire (see Emergency Response Guide Web P7 (PDF 612KB, 1p)
- Attack the fire with a fire extinguisher if the fire is NOT large (NO larger than approximately 1m3)
- Position so that you keep your back to the exit route and DO NOT position yourself with limited access to an escape route.
- Leave the room when smoke or heat is no longer tenable.
- If possible work in pairs for added safety.
- It is always preferable to have received training in the use of an extinguisher.
- Download the Emergency Response Guide Web P7 (PDF 612KB, 1p) for more information.