23 July 2015
Port Shorts Film Festival
Have your film screened in breathtaking Port Douglas.
Filmmaker enthusiasts are invited to submit their work for screening in breathtaking Port Douglas.
From 23-25 October, Port Douglas will play host to Port Shorts Film Festival.
To participate you are require to submit a film in one of the following categories:
1. Port Shorts Open Filmmakers Award - With a first prize of $5000 up for grabs, the only restriction on films entered for this category is a maximum film length of seven minutes.
2. Port Shorts Young Filmmakers Award (there are three categories within this category)
- Short Narrative - Maximum film length four minutes. Films must include the theme seven. First prize $500 and a digital SLR camera.
- Microdocumentary - Maximum documentary length four minutes. No theme. First prize $250 and production studio hours.
- Music video - Only music videos for original compositions are eligible. First prize $250 and production studio hours.
Port Short Film Festival was developed to showcase Port Douglas as a premier location for filmmakers and film enthusiasts and to provide a pathway for participants to further develop their career in the Australian film industry. In addition to this opportunity, you also have the chance to share in a $10,000 prize pool and be mentored by some of the Australian film industry’s most accomplished exponents.
We’re told Wolf Creek and Rogue executive producer Matt Hearn and acclaimed actor Stephen Curry have joined the Port Shorts team as official festival ambassadors and judges, with Stephen to also MC the festival.
You have until 1 October 2015 to submit your entry.
For more information and entry guidelines, go to Port Shorts Film Festival.