17 June 2016
Melbourne Fringe Information Session
Have you created an object that make people’s lives better by recognising problems and finding creative solutions?
Applications are now open for Fringe Furniture 30: Redesign!
Over 30 years, Fringe Furniture has showcased the best of the innovative and experimental in design alongside market-ready products. In this momentous year, they are encouraging you to re-visit the experimental history of the event, separating functional purpose and encouraging impossibility. Fringe Furniture is a unique space in which to take risks with design, to be bold with ideas, go against the grain of contemporary design thinking and challenge our notions of form and function.
Before you submit your entry, attend a free information session for Fringe Furniture on Tuesday 21 June at 6pm.
The session will cover the following topics:
- How to register
- This year’s theme, Redesign
- How we are celebrating 30 years of Fringe Furniture and how you can participate
- Professional development opportunities including:
- The Mentorship Program, which supports 6 emerging designers each year
- Artist led tours of the exhibition
- Tactile tours, which are designed to introduce blind and low vision visitors to experience the exhibition
- Awards Program
For more information, go to Fringe Furniture.