Employing and managing casual staff
Information on the employment and payment of casual employees.
Once the casual appointee has been selected, complete the casual hiring process using SAP Manager’s Desktop or by using a casual engagement form. See HR forms.
Human Resources support the employment and payment of casual employees by:
- Processing casual payment claim forms that are greater than 6 weeks in the past
- Administration of casual employee records
- Management of casual pay queries
- Payment of casual employees
- Maintenance of the Employee Self Service system (ESS)
Instructions for Time Administrator and Time Approvers
Time administrators may hire casuals via Manager’s desktop on behalf of the hiring manager, change work schedules, and record time for the casual employees within their area.
- Casual processing – time administrator recording time on behalf of casual flowchart (PDF, 312 KB, 2p)
- Casual hiring via Manager’s Desktop (PDF, 631 KB, 11p)
- Change work schedule via Manager’s Desktop (PDF, 621 KB, 16p)
- Recording time for casual via ESS (PDF, 243 KB, 8p)
Time approvers approve a casuals work schedule and timesheet via ESS.
Casual reporting for time administrators and time approvers.