Events and Venues FAQ

Who do I book venues through?

Property Services look after bookings of academic spaces. RMIT University Events & Venues look after function spaces. Individual study spaces and A’Beckett Urban Square basketball courts can be booked through the Library.

Do I need to book security for my event?

Security requirements differ between every event. To help us evaluate with the Security team, you’ll need to fill out a short Security Risk Assessment from our Forms and Policies page.

How do I book a microphone, or additional AV support?

You can book a wide range of audio visual and IT services and support from ITS by filling out the AV and Event Booking Form.

I want to invite the Vice Chancellor to my event. How do I do that?

RMIT’s Vice Chancellor receives a huge number of invitations to events. Not all can be attended, but you can put through a diary request using the form on Inviting the Vice-Chancellor to an event.