15 November 2016
New Indigenous elective courses
Artwork by Wurundjeri artist Mandy Thomas, 2012
Learn about the cultural, historical and contemporary frameworks that shape the lives of Indigenous peoples in Australia and globally.
RMIT’s Indigenous Studies Unit has developed five new elective courses, which will run in 2017, for undergraduate and postgraduate students. The courses are:
- Researching de-colonisation: Indigenous Land Rights to Hip Hop
- Mythbusting Reality: Indigenous versus Western
- Landscapes of Places, Landscapes of the Mind
- Indigenous Dislocation and Diaspora
- Indigenous Australia: Art, Policy and Global Markets.
If you complete four courses from the Indigenous Specialisation, you will receive a formal acknowledgement on your academic transcript.