GASMO tips and troubleshooting
Use Gmail to archive emails
When you archive your emails via Outlook, it archives as a file in your local PC/system you are using; as a result you will lose these archived emails from your Gmail web interface. Therefore, to archive emails, please use the Gmail web interface to do it.
Your default address book
If you access Google Apps via Microsoft Outlook, you may be aware that Outlook automatically searches your personal contacts when you type in the 'To' field of an email.
- If you would prefer that Outlook automatically searches the global RMIT directory (containing all students and Melbourne staff), follow these steps:
From the Find group on the Home tab, select Address Book.
- In the Address Book window that appears, from the Tools menu, select Options... .
- Under ‘When opening the address book, show this address list first:’, use the scroll-down menu to select the appropriate listing (Global Address Book)
- To save the changes, click OK.
- To close the Address Book, click the X in the top right corner.
Of course if you're happy with the personal contacts as your default but occasionally want to search the global RMIT directory, simply:
- Compose an email and click on the To link.
- A new window will open displaying the address book.
- In the top right hand corner there is a drop down box, select Global Address Book.
- The RMIT Directory will now load, showing all Melbourne staff, Melbourne students and Vietnam students. From this address you can now select the people to whom you wish to send an email.
Setting your Outlook local mailbox size
This is necessary only if you want to store more than 1GB of mail in your local Outlook mailbox. Regardless of your local mailbox size, all your mail is available from your Gmail account in the cloud.
When you use Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook®, your mail is stored both remotely in the cloud, and locally in a mailbox (PST) file on your computer. The cloud can hold up to 25 gigabytes (GB) of mail, which is a lot more than you'd typically want to keep on your computer. The amount of mail stored locally is instead limited by Microsoft Outlook®'s mailbox size.
If you run out of space locally, older mail is removed from your computer and replaced with newer messages. But all messages remain available in your Gmail account on the web. Most people do fine with a local limit of 1GB. But to keep more mail around locally, you can choose a larger mailbox size, as follow:
- Start Outlook and find the sync icon on your notification area.
- Right click it and select ‘Set mailbox size limit’.
- Select your required mailbox size (select ‘Unlimited’ for high incoming email volumes) and click ‘OK’.
Why is a size option not available?
If your local PST file already exceeds one of these sizes, the option is no longer available in the Set Mailbox Size dialog—that is, once you select a larger size and your PST grows to that size, you can't go back. If this happens, you can try using Outlook to compact the local PST file so it's smaller, in which case a smaller size limit might become available again.
Does the Unlimited size option really mean unlimited?
No. By default, Outlook limits the size of a local PST file to 20GB, so if you choose the Unlimited mailbox size in Google Apps Sync, your PST still won't grow beyond 20GB. To increase this limit, follow these instructions from Microsoft to change the size limit of your PST file. (Note that if you choose an Unlimited mailbox size in Google Apps Sync and your PST grows larger than your default Outlook limit, you might encounter sync errors. In addition, large PST files can create performance problems.
Find your Sync Issues folder
Google Apps Sync creates a special Sync Issues folder that tracks synchronization performance. Most of the time you can ignore this folder, but on occasion, your administrator might ask to see its messages to help troubleshoot a problem. The Sync Issues folder is in your Folder List. To see it, go to Outlook Mail and choose Go > Folder List
Re-sync Google Apps with Gasmo
- Open Outlook and find the Gasmo icon in the notification area.
- Double click it to bring up the synchronization summary.
- Select ‘Show more’ to see all of your Google Apps services.
- Find the service(s) you want to sync and click ‘Re-sync’ to begin the synchronization process.