Mrs Callie Harvey
Senior Educator Accounting
Vocational Business Education
+61 3 9925 5772
College of Business
- Bachelor of Education – The University of Melbourne
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education – The University of Melbourne
- Masters of Education – The University of Melbourne
- Education Quality Assurance Reviewer – RMIT University
Teaching and Co-ordinator of Legal Studies in the Foundation Studies Program.
Subjects currently teaching
Foundation Studies - Legal Studies
- Business Law International
- Modules in the English and Business course including:
- Orientation to Australian Business Institutions
- Introduction to Commercial Law
- Introduction to Accounting
- Basic Computing and Office systems
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Economics and Business Finances
- Introduction to Accounting
- Word Processing and Electronic Data Processing (EDP)
- Introduction to International Trade
- International Student Education
- Commercial Law
- Criminal Law
Our Vision and Reality: To what extent did a Year 13 Foundation Studies course in business offered in a city university meet the expectations of its overseas students?
This thesis involved research and consideration of the following issues:
- What was the mismatch of expectations between teachers and overseas students in the areas of teaching and learning, course structure and class interaction marketing content?
- What was extent of the mismatch?
- How did it come to exist?
- How did it manifest itself?
- These questions were explored in focus group discussions with students from the Asia Pacific region currently attending a Year 13 Foundation Studies course in a city university.
Thesis published June 2001.
Achievements while working at RMIT
- Conducted the Flexible Learning Environment Survey - for Department of Law and Economics and returned the highest number of responses in comparison to other departments 3/11/1998
- Project leader (1998) completed the project
- Course designer and coordinator of Business Practice International
- Education Quality Reviewer
- Undertaken four audits:
- Higher Education - Food and Science Department (1 audit)
- VET Access and Preparatory Department(3 audits)
- Sat on the selection panel for recruitment of staff in Department of Information Technology 11/3/99
- Sat on the selection panel for recruitment of staff in FELCS 29/11/00
- Participated in the re-accreditation process of the Foundation Studies Program
- Participated in cross-marking of VCE assessment with other institutions (1996-2000)
- Participated in the Mentors program organised by the RMIT EPI group (1997-1999)
- Produced a manual for Foundation Studies
- Produced a timetabling manual
- Developed a subject on-line
Callie Harvey, Our Vision and Reality: To what extent did a Year 13 Foundation Studies course in business offered in the city university meet the expectations of its overseas students? Staff development and the process of teaching change, 1998, The University of Melbourne.
Callie Harvey, 2003, “Human Cloning”Comview, 2003, Victorian Commercial Teachers Association VCTA, La Trobe University.
Prizes and Awards (Design and Other)
Extra Mile Award - RMIT – Business 1998
Relevant Employment Record
RMIT (1996- to date)
- Teacher in School of Accounting and Law
- Sessional Teacher coordinator (1997 - to date)
- Marketing Law coordinator (1999-to date)
- Timetabler (1997-2000)
- Liaison officer (1997 - 2000)
- VCE coordinator in Economics and Legal Studies (1996 to date)
- Taught in the English and Business course in CELL
- Teacher at OMIROS college(1995 -1997)
- Teaching Greek
Committees and Appointments
- Student Feedback Group (Faculty) 2000
- Language Skills Project (Faculty) 2000
- Teaching & Learning Strategy Implementation Group (Faculty) 1998 to date
- Teaching & Learning Group (School) 2000
- Education Quality Auditor - appointed by RMIT 1997
- Executive Committee VET 1998-2000
- Project Leader for Department of Law and Economics for the implementation of Education Quality Assurance in RMIT Business VET June 1998 (Project Title: Identify good practice in student centeredness)
- Liaison Officer - 1997-2000
- VCE coordinator in Economics and Legal studies 1996- 2000
- Re-accreditation committee for the Foundation Studies Program 2000-2001
- Acting Program coordinator in Foundation Studies Business 20/8/00 - 24/5/01
- Member of the Consultative Advisory Committee Foundation Studies May 2001