InPlace WIL system
The InPlace WIL system is an integrated management system that supports the administration of WIL processes.
The InPlace WIL system is the web-based integrated management system for RMIT staff and students that assists schools in sourcing and managing WIL activities. The system provides a flexible interface that can be configured to meet the diverse requirements of schools and is integrated with key systems such as the Student Administration Management System (SAMS).
InPlace allows for more efficient, effective and measurable WIL administration across all RMIT schools by simplifying the process undertaken by staff and students throughout the duration of the activity. InPlace will help strengthen RMIT’s reputation for industry relevant education, improve our graduate satisfaction, and work to improve our graduate employment rates globally.
Request access to InPlace
InPlace starter pack
What does InPlace do?
- Allows WIL Practitioners to assign and track WIL activities undertaken by students.
- Connects students with program-relevant WIL opportunities.
- Provides reporting for management staff to view and analyse WIL activity data for planning and compliance activities.
- Provides one consolidated database for industry partners across RMIT.
- Store, manage and track student, industry partner and WIL activity details in one place.
- Allocate students to WIL activities manually or automatically.
- Advertise WIL opportunities to students.
- Approve WIL activities for students who find their own WIL.
- Communicate with WIL students and industry partners.
- Track and manage WIL activities, including dashboard reminders.
- Extensive and flexible reporting capabilities.
- Enables anywhere/anytime access for students.
Further information and support
A PowerPoint presentation is available that briefly outlines the key features and benefits of the InPlace WIL system.
Contact InPlace business user support team
The InPlace business user support team handles:
- InPlace system access
- system configuration and deployments
- helpdesk requests for business users of InPlace (including staff and students).
Phone: +61 3 9925 5111 (Monday to Friday, 9 am–5 pm)