St Vincent de Paul Grant for Students with Disabilities
If you are living with a disability where technology may assist you with your studies, this grant kindly donated by the St Carthage’s Church Parkville parish congregation provides the purchase of that assistive technology.
Value and duration
The grant is a one-off purchase of assistive technology (excludes computers, laptops, tablets and smart phones). Technology previously purchased for students include ABBYY Finereader, TextHelp Read & Write, Dragon Dictate.
To be eligible for this grant you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or hold a permanent humanitarian visa. Asylum seekers may be considered
- be an enrolled student of RMIT University at a Melbourne campus
- be registered with the Disability Liaison Unit (DLU)
- be able to demonstrate financial difficulties
- require assistive technology to aid your studies
How to apply
Students registered with the Disability Liaison Unit will be recommended to apply for this grant.
Consult with the DLU for open and close times, these dates will vary each semester/year dependent on the kind donations provided for this grant.
Terms and conditions
Successful students must write a short report for the donor.