RMIT Award for Excellence - Industry Engagement in Graduate Research
The RMIT Award for Industry Engagement in Graduate Research has been established in 2017 to recognize an HDR coordinator or supervisor who has initiated or supported innovative and transformational engagement between higher degree research candidates and industry partners.
Selection of the award recipient/s is by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research and Innovation based on recommendations of the Awards Panel. The Award will be made annually and be presented at the RMIT Research Awards ceremony.
The recipient of this award is nominated by RMIT for the Australian Council of Graduate Research Award for Promoting Industry Engagement in Graduate Research the following year.
In order to be eligible nominees must:
- Be an academic staff member or adjunct appointment who has been an HDR supervisor with a continuing or contract position at RMIT, for no less than 0.4 EFT for a minimum of two years at the time of nomination. (In the case of a team nomination the majority of the members of the team must meet this condition.)
- Be a category 1 registered supervisor.
- Award recipients are not eligible for renomination in the same award category within three years of receiving an award in that category.
Nomination and documentation
This award is open to all staff who meet the eligibility criteria. The nomination process includes self-nomination, or nomination by a peer or staff member (with the nominee’s consent). Nominees should submit their nomination and provide supporting statements via this page and must include the following:
- a completed nomination form (PDF 686KB 5p) addressing the selection critiera
- endorsement from the relevant Dean/Head of School
- supporting statement (PDF 1.32MB 3p) as listed in the nomination form
- the nominee’s CV
Only complete nominations from eligible individuals will be considered.
Nominations are collated by the School of Graduate Research for consideration by the Awards Panel. Following final approval by the Deputy Vice- Chancellor Research and Innovation, the award recipient and other nominees will be notified.
For further guidance on making a nomination, contact: email@example.com
Excellence in graduate research leadership can be demonstrated by evidence of engagement in high quality graduate research practice.
In considering nominations, the Awards Panel will consider evidence of:
- initiatives that have enabled successful and effective collaborations between HDR candidates and industry partners,
- HDR programs and/or supervision that supports candidates to develop strong employability skills and wide professional networks,
- projects or initiatives that promote HDR candidates and graduates to industry, and
- supporting statements from HDR candidates and industry partners.
Value of the award
The RMIT Award for Excellence – Industry Engagement in Graduate Research will comprise:
- A cash prize of $3000, paid into the research account of the awardee, to advance and support their research supervision practice, scholarship and research
- A certificate signed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (R&I)
- A permanent record of the award on an appropriate webpage (Honour Board) of the University.
- Commemorative Trophy