RMIT Award for Excellence - Industry Engagement in Graduate Research
The RMIT Award for Industry Engagement in Graduate Research has been established in 2017 to recognize an HDR coordinator, supervisor or team of supervisors who have initiated or supported innovative and transformational engagement between higher degree research candidates and industry partners.
Selection of the award recipient/s is by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research and Innovation based on recommendations of the Awards Panel. The Award will be made annually and be presented at the RMIT Research Awards ceremony at the Engaging for Impact 2019 event (18-20 February 2019).
The recipient of this award is nominated by RMIT for the Australian Council of Graduate Research Award for Promoting Industry Engagement in Graduate Research the following year.
Nominations are restricted to one category per nominee, however the Research Awards Panel has the discretion to consider any eligible nominations for more than one category of award.
In order to be eligible nominees must:
- Be an academic staff member or adjunct appointment who has been an HDR supervisor with a continuing or contract position at RMIT, at no less than 0.4 EFT for a minimum of two years at the time of nomination and with a position end date until the end of 2018.
- Be a category 1 registered supervisor currently engaged in supervision, with a supervision record of at least 5 HDR completions.
Previous recipients of an RMIT Award for Excellence – Industry Engagement in Graduate Research are not eligible to apply.
Nomination and documentation
This award is open to all staff who meet the eligibility criteria. Staff must be nominated by an RMIT academic staff member (with the nominee’s consent). Nominations must include the following:
- a completed Nomination form
- endorsement from the relevant Dean/Head of School
- supporting statement/s as listed in the nomination form
- the nominee’s short CV
To express interest in this award and request a nomination form please email: email@example.com and include the name of the award in the subject header.
In considering nominations, the Awards Panel will consider evidence of:
- initiatives that have enabled successful and effective collaborations between HDR candidates and industry partners,
- HDR programs and/or supervision that supports candidates to develop strong employability skills and wide professional networks,
- projects or initiatives that promote HDR candidates and graduates to industry, and
- supporting statements from HDR candidates and industry partners.
Value of the award
The RMIT Award for Excellence – Industry Engagement in Graduate Research will comprise:
- A cash prize of $3000, paid into the research account of the awardee, to advance and support their research supervision practice, scholarship and research
- A certificate signed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (R&I)
- A permanent record of the award on an appropriate webpage (Honour Board) of the University.
- Commemorative Trophy