19 May 2016
European essay competition
An opportunity for you to have your essay published in the Australian and New Zealand Journal of European Studies.
The 23rd Contemporary European Study Association Australia (CESAA) Essay Competition is now open for entries.
If you are writing or have written an essay about contemporary (post-war) Europe and/or the European Union (EU), you are invited to submit your essay for consideration in one of the following two categories:
- best essay by an undergraduate student (2000-4000 words)
- best essay by an honours or postgraduate student (2000-5000 words).
You don’t have to be completing your degree in European studies, you can be from any discipline so long as your essay deals with contemporary (post-war) Europe and/or the EU, you are welcome to enter the competition.
- The winning and highly commended essays will be considered for publication in the Australian and New Zealand Journal of European Studies.
- Prizes will be awarded as gift vouchers to the value of:
- Undergraduate - $250
- Postgraduate - $350
- Winners will receive a year’s free membership of CESAA.
The closing date for entries is Tuesday 30 June 2016.
For more information and entry details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.