RMIT Study Support Scholarship
If you will be enrolled full-time in a certificate IV, diploma, degree or postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT and can demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage, this scholarship could assist with your study costs.
Applications open 28 May 2018.
Value and duration
Semester 1 applicants: The scholarship provides $2500 for one year.
Semester 2 applicants: The scholarship provides $1250 for one semester.
A limited number of scholarships will be offered for the standard full-time duration of your program.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be enrolled full-time in the standard semester 1 and 2 in a certificate IV, diploma, degree or postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT (or part-time with exceptional circumstances)
- be enrolled in a program with a duration of at least one semester
- be able to demonstrate financial and/or educational disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- have/will be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to Melbourne to study at RMIT
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
- not have previously completed the same level of program or higher, e.g. if you plan to study a Bachelor of Architectural Design, you should not have previously completed another Bachelor degree.
If you are a certificate IV or diploma student you must also:
- have a government-subsidised place
- not be enrolled in an apprenticeship or traineeship program.
If you are a degree or honours student you must:
- have a Commonwealth-supported place.
Note: If you have already been enrolled at RMIT for the minimum number of credit points or years to graduate (standard full-time duration) you are ineligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to apply
The online application form will be provided here when applications open. Partial or incomplete applications will not be assessed.
Find out more about applying for scholarships.
Before you begin your application, please visit Supporting Your Application for more information about supporting your application with evidence, providing referee letters and answering application questions.
Applications open 28 May 2018.
Applications close 11:59PM Monday 11 June 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 470kb, 30p).
Successful recipients are paid this scholarship as a stipend (fortnightly payments) and not as a lump sum. It is impractical to expect to use this scholarship to pay tuition fees.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account. If you have not received an offerv via email, your application has been unsuccessful.