PhD Scholarship in Economics, Finance or Marketing
This scholarship is being offered in line with the RMIT Diversity and Inclusion framework, with particular attention to the Diverse Genders, Sexes and Sexualities Action Plan.
The candidate will complete a thesis-with-publication within three years.
Value and duration
$32,000 per year plus fee waiver over the duration of three years.
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- hold a Master by Research, or a Master by Coursework with a significant research component graded as high distinction or equivalent, or an Honours degree achieving first class honours
- meet RMIT's entry requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy
As this scholarship is being offered in line with the RMIT Diversity and Inclusion framework, with particular attention to the Diverse Genders, Sexes and Sexualities Action Plan, we encourage you to apply if you identify with one or all of the following:
- Identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex.
- Identify with Diverse Genders, Sexes and Sexualities.
- Have been marginalised and/or excluded due to sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
How to apply
Email the following to Dr Janneke Blijlevens, Higher Degree by Research (HDR) coordinator, School of Economics, Finance and Marketing at email@example.com:
- A detailed CV;
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts from your undergraduate studies and postgraduate studies where applicable;
- Copies of any published or submitted papers where applicable;
- Proof of English proficiency if you are an international candidate;
- A research proposal outlining synthesis of relevant literature, proposed research design, and analyses techniques;
- A separate document addressing the following selection criteria:
- Evidence of research output including publications, conference contributions and/or technical reports in the field of economics, finance or marketing.
- Ability to generate alternative funding for projects/academic travel/internships through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst displaying a strong commitment to working in a team environment, including the demonstrated ability to confidently and effectively work with colleagues, project team leaders, and industry partners.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage varying workloads and respond to changing priorities as required.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills as evidenced in the mandatory research proposal.
- Demonstrated skills in appropriate research methods and analyses as evidenced in transcripts and the mandatory research proposal.
- Demonstrated conceptual skills as evidenced in the mandatory research proposal.
Applications are now open.
Applications close 13 October 2017.
Terms and conditions
RMIT's standard research scholarship terms and conditions (PDF 327KB 10p) will apply to this scholarship. However note the allowances for this scholarship are specifically $32,000 (plus fee waiver) per year for up to three years and the additional allowances stated in the terms and conditions (PDF 327KB 10p) are not applicable.
- Conduct a review of relevant literature on a research topic in economics, finance or marketing.
- Present a conceptual framework that underpins the synthesised research questions and/or hypotheses in this project.
- Design studies to answer research questions.
- Analyse data and write-up results in a PhD thesis-with-publication format.
- Disseminate findings by actively pursuing journal publications, attending conferences, engaging with media, and approaching government or industry organisations who have an interest in this research topic.
- Contribute to securing funding for research.
- Conduct a PhD research project that contributes to the over-arching research undertaken at the School of Economics, Finance and Marketing.
- Collaborate with supervisors.
- Attend School of Economics, Finance and Marketing and College of Business workshops, seminars, HDR conference, professional development, and social events as evidenced in the meeting logs.
- Actively pursue journal publications together with the supervisory team as evidenced by drafting and submissions and/or publications.
- Successfully pass yearly milestone reviews of the work presented in the College of Business HDR conferences.
Dr Janneke Blijlevens
Tel: +61 3 9925 5941