Mrs Lee Anton-Hem
College of Design and Social Context
Masters of Sport Business, Victoria University of Technology, 2005
Graduate Diploma (Recreation and Sports Management) and Graduate Certificate (Recreation and Disability), Victoria University of Technology, 1995
VicFit Fitness Leadership (Exercise to Music), RMIT University, 1993
Diploma of Teaching (Primary) (Major in Physical Education), Phillip Institute of Technology, 1986
Semester 1 2008
Methods of Teaching Physical and Sport Education
Semester 2 2008
Applied Movement Analysis (Dance)
Theory in Teaching Physical and Sport Education
2008 Australian Learning and Teaching Council Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning Award: for developing and applying approaches to teaching that inspire excellence, passion, enthusiasm, cater for individuality, and which provide positive modeling for undergraduate physical education teachers.
2007 RMIT University early Career Academic Teaching Award (view video interview)
Lee is the author of a book entitled “Learning Fundamental Motor Skills and Literacy”: a motor skill and literacy resource for teachers, and has an avid interest in the development of motor skills in children during the early years of schooling. This resource was shortlisted in the 2006 Australian Awards for Excellence in Educational Publishing.
Industry / profession / community involvement
- Member, VicFit
- Member, Australian Council for Health Physical Education and Recreation (ACHPER)
- Member, Network (for Fitness Professionals)
- Member, Victorian Institute of Teaching
Educational development work
HPE Solutions, Sport and Physical Education Consultancy.
- International Presenter (Curriculum Development)
- Program Writer (Curriculum Content Development)
Department of Education And Training. Physical and Sport Education Section.
- PASE (Physical and Sport Education ) Lecturer and Consultant
Australian Council for Health, Physical Education & Recreation (ACHPER) and Department of Education And Training
Australian Sports Commission’s Disability Education Program
Victorian Institute of Sport
- Presenter and Content Developer
Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
Projects and consultancies
Learning Fundamental Motor Skills and Literacy.
- An integrated physical education and literacy resource.
Co-Writer and Editor:
Fundamental Motor Skills Early Years Manual -Department of Education & Training and Training and ACHPER (Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation)
- Early Years, Fundamental Motor Skills Activity - resource for teachers.
- Development of specific units of work.
- Editing of all units.
Curriculum @ Work - on line education strategy.
Department of Education & Training - Health, Physical and Sport Education Section.
- Development of 3 units of work: Dance (Years 5-7), Gymnastics (Years 1-2) and Drug Education (Years 5-6).
- Content: unit overviews, curriculum links, teaching ideas, lesson plans, activity sheets, assessment ideas, assessment guides and resources.
PASE (Physical and Sport Education) Tutor:
Department of Education & Training and Training and ACHPER (Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation).
- Provision of professional development for government, non-government and Catholic schools in the planning, teaching and assessment of physical and sport education.
ACHPER (Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation)
- Provision of advice and professional development to schools, health or sporting bodies on non-PASE issues.
National Assessment Task Writer:
- Development of a national health and physical education assessment task for Years 3-4 and 5-6.
Reference Committee Member, Professional Development Provider, and Content Reviewer:
Annotated Work Sample/Assessment Project – Health and Physical Education (HPE), Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
- Provision of advice to the authority in the area of HPE.
- Review of the online assessment and annotated work sample site.
- Provision of professional development to teachers across Victoria on the health and physical education annotated work samples project.
Writer and Presenter:
Disability Education Program - Australian Sports Commission.
- Provision of Disability Education programs to schools and sporting and recreational associations.
- Development of programs.
Physical Activity Content Developer:
- Development of physical education and activity content for the Kids Health and Fitness website.
Coaching Victoria - Victorian Institute of Sport
- Provision of professional development to sporting coaches, working with children and adolescents.