There are many funding opportunities available to researchers and research students including RMIT’s own internal grant schemes, prestigious Australian Research Council (ARC) schemes and a wide variety of other opportunities.
Types of funding
The Research funding categories page lists the types of Higher Education Research Data Collection (HERDC) income by category including the criteria for each.
There are a number of large grant schemes of particular relevance for the College including:
- The Australian Research Council (ARC) schemes
- Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute (AHURI)
- Strategic Projects in Urban Research (SPUR)
- Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT) grants
- National Health and Medical research Council (NHMRC) grants
You can also view the Australian Competitive Grants register ACGR (PDF 318 KB) which lists other Category 1 funding, or there are a number of other ways to find funding for your research project:
- Read more on the RMIT Funding my research page.
- Find funding through the external Research Professional funding opportunity database or use the DSC tailored searches:
- Explore other other funding sources relevant to DSC disciplines.
- Look at selected international funding bodies (DOCX 17 KB).
- Apply for Internal fellowships and opportunities.
- Get help with Applying for international funding.
Applying for funding
Applying for funding can be a daunting process. Use the resources below to help you with the process: