Carpooling at Brunswick campus
To encourage ride sharing and reduce traffic and parking congestion, RMIT has launched an exciting carpooling option at Brunswick campus.
RMIT students and staff are encouraged to use the carpooling system to find other students and staff to share the ride to campus with. Those who successfully register for a car pooling permit together will be permitted to park in a designated free parking area on Brunswick campus.
How to apply
- Register online via EasyPark using your RMIT email address. You will need to create a new password that is eight characters long (this includes one capital letter and one number).
- Provide your address and contact details.
- Under ‘Apply for permits’, enter your vehicle registration number and continue.
- Below you should find an option for Brunswick carpooling with or without a ride partner.
- If you have a ride partner, in the comment field, provide the details of at least one more person who you intend to share the ride to campus with (please provide the full name and RMIT email address).
- If you do not have a partner and need help in finding others at RMIT who are looking for a partner please choose the ‘Request for help in finding a partner’.
- Your application will be reviewed by the parking administration and you will be notified by email of the result. Until receiving the response by email you do not have a valid permit. If approved you are allowed to park your vehicle in the designated carpooling area of the car park. Please see map of Brunswick campus (pdf, 248kb, 1p) for the designated location.
- By proceeding with your application you agree to the conditions.
- Download the Carpooling User Guide (docx, 1078kb, 4p) for detailed step-by-step help on how to apply for a permit.
- To be eligible, you must be an RMIT student or staff member (you must use your RMIT email address as your username).
- The carpooling parking permit provides RMIT students and staff with the right to park in the designated carpooling area at Brunswick campus only at no cost if they are committed to arrive to the car park with at least one passenger in addition to the driver.
- Users must always comply with the terms and conditions and failure to comply with these requirements is a breach of these.
- Failure to comply may result in the cancellation of an approved permit and you may be issued with an infringement notice.
- Parking at RMIT is at own risk.
- Users are responsible for the protection of the personal data they release to other uses to find a match. RMIT will not be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, incidental, special or punitive damages, including lost profits arising from the use of EasyPark or its services.
- RMIT will not be responsible or liable for any damages arising out of your conduct or conduct toward you, either directly or indirectly, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress or property damage arising from the use of carpooling service.
For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org