Casual Recruitment Enquiries
We have heard your feedback and as part of our ongoing commitment to simplify and improve RMIT processes, we are working with HR to improve the way you are recruited at the University.
Why are we making a change?
Under the current casual recruitment and on boarding model we have:
- inconsistent standards, compliance and visibility issues regarding candidate sourcing and selection, document collection, verification and storage, such as qualifications, resumes and references, visa requirements and Working with Children Checks
- poor budget controls for hiring casuals, including unauthorised recruitment and missing CA04/CA05 forms
- inconsistent on-boarding experience and induction process for casual staff
- non-completion of mandatory online induction modules by casual staff
- the need to hire additional administration staff during peak periods to process recruitment and on-boarding of Casuals
- casuals being set up directly into Payroll system without recruitment protocols being followed
What are the benefits of the change?
So how is the change going to positively benefit you?
- PageUp profiles will make recruitment or re-hire processes easy and fast.
- You control your profile, meaning updates to your qualifications, visa or WWC checks can be made instantly.
- Engage with the University in exactly the same way as fixed term/ongoing staff.
- Reduce the amount of time spent completing administrative tasks, allowing you to concentrate on servicing our students.
Privacy and policy
RMIT values privacy and is committed to handling personal information in accordance with the RMIT Privacy and Data Protection Policy and relevant legislation.
By submitting your personal information, you consent to the use and disclosure of this information for the purpose of being considered for employment at RMIT University. Information collected about you will be managed securely, only be used in relation to this purpose and will not be disclosed to a third party without your consent, except as provided in this statement or otherwise required by law. This website is hosted by PageUp, a contracted service provider of RMIT. Privacy and data security assurance is required by RMIT as part of the contracting process such as compliance with ISO 27001.
Personal Information will be handled as follows:
- You may access, update or correct or remove any personal information concerning you while it remains on this website. Where practical, the information will only be held for as long as required including, for example, to meet legal requirements or our needs.
- During the period your information is held, you may be considered to be a suitable candidate for an appointment for which you have not applied. In this case you will be advised by email or telephone and asked if you consent to being considered further. You will be forwarded information about that position or advised how to locate it on the web.
- Should you be short listed or selected for certain positions, you may be asked to give consent to a Police Check and/or agree to obtain a Working With Children Check
- When considering candidates for a particular appointment, RMIT may verify details of past results and/or qualifications you hold from other educational institutions and professional bodies
- Comments by your nominated referees are confidential unless the referee authorises the release of that information
- Should you be appointed to a position at RMIT, your information will be transferred to Staff Employment records and managed in accordance with RMIT policies and procedures. RMIT is required under law to collect and report details such as your Tax File Number to the Australian Taxation Office
- Your information will be used, stored and disclosed to/by those involved in recruitment, hiring and background screening activities and those managing or facilitating with this process, including contracted service providers to RMIT, and such service providers will only do so for the purpose of providing such services to RMIT and not for any other purpose
- De-identified information may be used for RMIT planning and improvement processes
* = required fields