Malaysia Australia Colombo Plan Commemoration (MACC) Scholarships
This scholarship will provide financial support to Malaysian students who commence a postgraduate program in 2017.
Value and duration
For Masters by Coursework programs the scholarship is available as a single payment of AUD$10,000 towards your tuition fees.
For Masters by Research or PhD programs the scholarship is available to cover full tuition fees, APA equivalent living allowance and overseas student health cover (OSHC) for the standard duration of the program.
Number of scholarships available
For Masters by Coursework programs: Four (4)
For Master by Research or PhD programs: One (1)
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a Malaysian citizen
- commence your RMIT program in 2017
- meet the academic and English proficiency requirements for entry into the nominated programs you have applied for
- have excellent academic results
- not be in receipt of another Australian or foreign sponsoring organisation scholarship
- have received an offer from RMIT for your program by the scholarship closing date.
If applying for the Masters by Research or PhD scholarship:
- You must either have previous publications or significant research experience; or currently be completing or hold one of the following:
- a Masters by Research
- a Masters by Coursework with a significant research component graded as high distinction, or equivalent
- an Honours degree achieving first class honours
- a 4 year bachelor degree achieving a GPA of 4 or equivalent (80% or above)
- If applying for a PhD, you will not be eligible if you already hold a PhD or equivalent
- If applying for a Masters by research program, you will not be eligible if you already hold a Masters by research or equivalent.
How to apply
Once you have received your offer from RMIT:
- Visit the MACC website to find out how to apply and submit your application.
- You must submit your application and all relevant supporting documents by the scholarship closing date listed below.
Applications now closed.
Applications now closed.
Terms and conditions
- This scholarship cannot be deferred to another year and must be taken up in 2017.
- Scholarship awardees will be involved in promotional activities for RMIT.
For full terms and conditions please view International Scholarships Terms and Conditions (PDF 472KB).
AUG (AusEdUniEd Group) Student Services
AUG Subang Jaya
8, Jalan SS 15/8
47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel +60 3 5634 3767
Fax +60 3 5633 3652
Email for scholarships inquiries: email@example.com
RMIT Sponsorship Development Team
Online: Make an enquiry
Phone: (+61 3) 8676 7047