Dr He Ren
School of Engineering
Science, Engineering and Health
Ph. D, Northwestern Polytechnical University
Bachelor of Aerospace Engineering (Reliability), Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Guest Professor, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Nov 2008
- Visiting Professor, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Dec 2006
- Engineering Adviser, Hunter Management Solutions Pty Ltd, 2000.
- Member of the Institution of Engineers, Australia (IEAust) 1999
Specialty Expertise Areas
- Aircraft Safety, Reliability, Maintainability, Supportability, and Airworthiness
- System and Logistic Engineering
- Risk Assessment and Control
- Aircraft Structure
- Air Safety, Reliability, and Airworthiness Engineering
- Aircraft Maintainability Design and Maintenance Management
- Aircraft Structure Fatigue and Fracture
- System and Logistics Engineering and Management
- Risk Assessment and Accident Investigation
- Fleet management and Life Cycle Cost (LCC) Analysis
- Wear and Corrosion Protection Technology
30/2007-onward, International Student Coordinator, School of Aerospace, Mechanical, and Manufacturing Engineering, RMIT
1/2005-Onward, Senior Lecturer, School of Aerospace, Mechanical, and Manufacturing Engineering
10/2000 – 12/2004, Lecturer, Department of Aerospace Engineering, RMIT University, Australia.
3/2000 - 9/2000, Engineering consultant, Tenix Defence System Pty Ltd, Newcastle Williamstown, The RAAF Base
7/1999 - 10/2000, Research Associate, The University of Newcastle, Sponsored by Aerospace and Marine Research Laboratory (AMRL) of Defence Science and Technology Organization (DSTO), Australia.
5/1998 - 6/1999, Senior Visiting Scholar (Visiting Research Professor), The Wackett Aerospace Center of RMIT-Sponsored by AMRL-DSTO, Australia
4/1994 - 4/1998, Senior Engineer,: Xi'an Aircraft Design and Research Institute (No.603), China
6/1991-12/1997, General Manager (adjunct), Development Department of Shaanxi Aviation Science and Technology Company
7/1992 - 4/1998, Director, Reliability and Airworthiness Department of the No.603 Aircraft Institute of China.
- 7/1987 - 6/1992, Engineer and Project Manager, Xi'an Aircraft Design and Research Institute (No.603 Institute), China
- Teaching subjects in the fields of Aerospace Design, Air Safety and Reliability, Aircraft Maintainability Design, Maintenance Management, Project management, Risk and Technology Decision, and Aviation Safety System etc.
- Supervising 2 Masters and 5 Ph. D students research projects
Affiliations / Professional memberships
2/2002 - present, Membership of Institute of Engineers, Australia
1/2002 - present, Committee member of Chinese Professional Club, Australia
5/1993 - 4/1998, Vice-chairman, The System Reliability, Maintainability, and Safety Society of China
7/1995-4/1998, Membership of Aviation Society of China
- 9/1995-Present, Committee Member of the Operational Research Association Society of China
- Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory-Defense Science and Technology Organization (AMRL-DSTO), Australia
- Qantas Airway, Australia
- Hunters Management Solution, Australia
- Tenix Defense System, Australia
- Ford Motor Company , Australia
- GKN, Australia
- Pacific Aircraft Company, New Zealand
- The First Aircraft Institute, China
- Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (COMAC)
- The First Symposium on Reliability and Probability Risk of China, ChongQing, 1993.5
- The Second International Conference on Reliability, Maintainability and Safety, Beijing, 1994
- The Fifth Symposium on Reliability of China, Qin Huang Dao, 1995.10
- The First Symposium on Reliability and Probability Risk of China, ChongQing, 1993.5
- International Council of Aerospace Science (ICAS'98), Sept. 1998, Melbourne, Australia
- The 3rd International conference on Quality and Reliability, Melbourne 2002
- The Conference of Modern Aviation Technology, Beijing , China, 1997
- International Conference on Applications of Statistics and Probability (ICASP8), Sydney, Australia, Dec. 1999.
- The 4th International AED Conference, Glasgow, UK, 2004.
- AIAA Region VII Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 2006
- Thirteenth Australian International Aerospace Congress, 9 – 12 March, 2009, Melbourne
- He REN: “Reliability/Cost Model” of the Military Aircraft, Aircraft Engineering, 1988(4).
- He REN: A Reliability Analysis on a New Military Aircraft Landing Gear, Aircraft Engineering, 1991(1).
- He REN, Feng Yuansheng: Stress Corrosion Mechanism and Control of Aluminum Alloy, Aircraft Engineering , 1996(3)
- He REN, Feng Yuansheng: A Computational Method Study for the Fuzzy Reliability of Mechanism Wear, Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol.17, No.1, 1998(1)
- He REN, Feng Yuansheng: The Corrosion Failure Distribution and Reliability of Y-7 Aircraft Wing---Corrosion Science and Protection Technology, Vol.10, No.4, 1998(7)
- He REN, Feng Yuansheng: A Summary on Fuzzy Reliability Theory, Aviation Reliability Engineering, 1997(4)
- He REN: Study on Fuzzy-Random Reliability of Aircraft Mechanism Wear and Structure Corrosion, Northwestern Polytechnical University Press, 1997(11)
- He REN, Shaopeng Jia, Yuansheng Feng, Elasticity Dynamic Reliability Analysis of Winch Mechanism, Aircraft Engineering, Vol. 114, 2003 (No.3)
- He REN, Supanee. Arthasartsri: Airbus A380 Maintenance Concept Development for Current Airlines System, “Asset Management & Maintenance Journal” Volume 20; No 3, July 2007
- Xu Wang and He REN, Vehicle Power-train Noise Refinement Using Taguchi Method, International Journal of Vehicle Noise and Vibration, Vol 3, No 3, 2007
- He REN, Tom Steiner, and Xu Wang, Airframe Corrosion Probabilistic Modelling and Reliability. Corrosion Engineering Science and Technology, accepted for publication (2007)
- S. Arthasartsri, He REN, Inventory Control Strategy Study for Airline, Asset Management & Maintenance Journal, Volume 21, No 4, 2008
- He REN: The Development on Computer Aid Reliability Engineering Software Proceeding of the First Symposium on Reliability and Probability Risk of China, ChongQing, 1993.5
- He REN, Xu Bin: Life Cycle Cost/Reliability Trade-off Analysis for Aircraft, Proceeding of the Second International Conference on Reliability, Maintainability and Safety, Beijing, 1994
- He REN: The Theory and Practice on Reliability Growth of Some Military Aircraft, Proceeding of the Fifth Symposium on Reliability of China, Qin Huang Dao, 1995.10
- He Ren, B. F. Song: The Method for Computing the Failure Probability of Aircraft Structures, International Council of Aerospace Science (ICAS'98), Sept. 1998, Melbourne, Australia
- He Ren, Trade-off Analysis of Airframe Reliability and Expected Maintenance Cost, 3rd International conference on Quality and Reliability, Melbourne 2002
- He Ren, The FRACAS Theory and Practice, The Conference of Modern Aviation Technology, Beijing , China, 1997
- He Ren, Robert E. Melchers, David Graham, Distributions and Reliability Models of Aircraft Structural Corrosion Failure, International Conference on Applications of Statistics and Probability (ICASP8), Sydney, Australia, Dec. 1999.
- He Ren, Duojia Yuan, Civil Aircraft Dispatch Reliability and Related Cost Analysis, the 4th International AED Conference, Glasgow, UK, 2004.
- He Ren, S. Arthasartsri, Maintenance Predicaments of new largest Aircraft in current airline system, AIAA Region VII Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 2006
- He Ren, Yunxiang Che, Xu wang, Fuzzy Corrosion Fatigue Model for Aging Aircraft Structure Reliability, thirteenth Australian International Aerospace Congress, 9 – 12 March, 2009, Melbourne
- Petcharin Charoenrat, He Ren, Major Problems and Potential Solutions in Aircraft Engine Maintenance, thirteenth Australian International Aerospace Congress, 9 – 12 March, 2009, Melbourne
- Tianlun Yuan, He Ren, Tom Steiner, The Approach of Reliability & Maintainability Methodologies in Airbus A380, thirteenth Australian International Aerospace Congress, 9 – 12 March, 2009, Melbourne
- Supanee Arthasartsri, He Ren, A Case Study of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis for Aircraft Turbine Engine, thirteenth Australian International Aerospace Congress, 9 – 12 March, 2009, Melbourne
- Award of High Education Employment, Australia, 2000
- Scholarship of Chinese Scholarship Council, 1998
- The "Excellent Ph.D Student" Prize of North-western Polytechnical University, 1997
- Second prize for Aviation Science and Technology innovation, China, 1994.
- Second prize for a paper at the First Conference of Modern Aviation Technology, China, 1997.
- The "XU SHUNSHOU" Science and Technology Progress Prize, 1993.
- The "Best Youth" Prize of Aviation Industries of China.1993.
- The "First Fly" Prize of Aviation Industries of China, 1989.