- From application to enrolment
- Orientation and induction
The events and processes that may result in enrolment are:
- Checking eligibility
- Admission (including RPL assessment)
Students can apply to RMIT via a range of administrative entry portals: VTAC application, direct application, RMIT school based application or through Open Universities Australia. Application procedures also vary per program type, i.e. apprenticeships and traineeships, Certificate IV-Advanced Diplomas, and Associate Degrees.
Students either enrol in a semester based cycle or, in the case of apprentices, trainees and some programs for existing workers, they can enrol at other times during the academic year. The academic calendar applies to students enrolled in semester-based programs.
RMIT also offers equity access schemes that allow selection officers to give applicants extra consideration.
The Academic Registrar’s Group (ARG) plays a key central and coordinating role in supporting these activities.
RMIT International (part of International and Development) has the major responsibility for oversight of ESOS and its implementation at RMIT, with portfolios, Colleges and Schools ensuring that operational requirements are met at the program level. It also manages international recruitment.
Responsibility for domestic student recruitment also sits with International and Development, whose remit includes University Marketing. The Student Recruitment team in University Marketing supports the Career and Training Advisors, who provide information on program application and selection procedures, accommodation, student life and services. The team coordinates school career adviser events, campus visits for school students, and visits to schools.
Professional staff within schools work in partnership with teaching staff to make all of this happen. For information and support on local processes contact the school academic administration team.
Policies and procedures
- Selection and admission policy
- Selection and admission procedure
- Enrolment policy
- Credit transfer
- Managing requirements for apprentices and trainees instruction - see also “supporting documents and information”
- Vocational Education compliance instructions
- Australian Regulatory and Quality Frameworks
- Student administration for staff – a key resource with extensive information
- Academic calendars
- Vocational education census dates
Information for students
- Enrolment information for students
- Student forms – forms available for students
- International student forms – forms for current and prospective international students
If you are unsure of School processes, contact the School Academic Administration Team.[Next: Orientation and induction]