Course Title: Fashion Knitwear
Part A: Course Overview
Course Title: Fashion Knitwear
Credit Points: 12.00
350T Fashion & Textiles
|Sem 1 2018,
Sem 2 2018,
Sem 1 2019,
Sem 2 2019
Course Coordinator: Rhonda Ingwersen
Course Coordinator Phone: +61 3 99259248
Course Coordinator Email: email@example.com
Course Coordinator Location: 513.03.01
Pre-requisite Courses and Assumed Knowledge and Capabilities
In this course you will focus on identifying and analysing contemporary fashion trends and details specifically in the knitwear industry. You will become familiar with knitwear structures and specialist knit machinery allowing you to produce a distinctive knitwear item.
Objectives/Learning Outcomes/Capability Development
In this course you will develop the following program learning outcomes:
1. Apply and creatively adapt a body of theoretical and technical knowledge and skills in fashion design and technology to your practice or future study
2. Recognise and apply relevant technologies in the fashion design and production sector of the industry
3. lnvestigate and work creatively to solve fashion design and production related problems
5. Identify, analyse and reflect on fashion technology in a local and/or global context.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
1. Describe, interpret and use knit terminology to develop technical specification information for knit processes.
2. Investigate different knit structures and their application to your designs
3. Analyse and apply your knowledge of knitting techniques, including yarn choices to solve design and production process problems
4. Develop and produce knit designs to reflect sampling, quality standards and technical specifications.
Overview of Learning Activities
You will be engaged in learning that involves a range of class activities such as practical exercises, group and class discussion, group activities/projects as well as online and self-directed learning.
Overview of Learning Resources
RMIT will provide you with resources and tools for learning in this course through our online systems.
A list of recommended learning resources will be provided by your lecturer, including books, journal articles and web resources. You will also be expected to seek further resources relevant to the focus of your own learning.
You will have access to a simulated industry standard knitting studio equipped with knitting machines, tools and pressing equipment. You will also have your own sewing equipment.
Overview of Assessment
You will be assessed on how well you meet the course’s learning outcomes and on your development against the program learning outcomes.
The assessment for this course will cover theoretical and practical components of producing knit product.
Assessment may include tests, exercises, projects, industry aligned assignments, presentations, individually and in groups. You may be assessed independently or as part of a team project.
Ongoing feedback will be provided to enable you to monitor your own performance including detailed feedback on assessed tasks.
Your course assessment conforms to RMIT assessment principles, regulations, policies and procedures which are described and referenced under ’Assessment’ at: http://www1.rmit.edu.au/policies/assessment-policy
A Student Charter summarises your responsibilities as an RMIT student as well as those of your teachers. http://www.rmit.edu.au/about/studentcharter
If you have a long term medical condition and/or disability it may be possible to negotiate to vary aspects of the learning or assessment methods. You can contact the program coordinator or Equitable Learning Services if you would like to find out more: https://www.rmit.edu.au/students/support-and-facilities/student-support/equitable-learning-services
|Assessment Type||Course Learning Outcomes (CLO) related assessments||Assessment
|1.Knit, Yarn, Technical Swatches Folio- practical task||CLO 1,2,4||20%|
|2. Knit quiz||CLO 1||5%|
|3.Designer knit collection- practical||CLO 1,2,3||35%|
|4.Concept 2 Creation : Fully fashioned garment toile - practical task||CLO 1,2,3,4||40%|