Lynda.com access information
Develop your creative and business skills, and learn how to use software using Lynda.com online training library.
Information for first-time users
Lynda.com is an online training library focused on business and information technology skills and software. The courses are in a streaming video format. Videos use screenshots, narration, live action, smart boards, charts and graphics, audio and include captioning.
Unlike the basic how-to videos, Lynda.com offers quality, in-depth courses made by experts in the following areas:
- Business including Office and Google software
- Photography and video
- Web and social media
There are over 1400 courses and 82,000 videos, and new material is added every week. Courses are presented in small chunks, so it’s easy to find quick answers to specific questions.
Your Lynda.com profile
Lynda.com will create your profile the first time you log. Having a profile lets you manage your courses, access playlists, bookmarks, recommendations and certificates of completion.
You can integrate your Lynda.com course completion certificates with your LinkedIn account, to enhance your professional profile.
Changes in 2016 to the Lynda.com login
Lynda.com has worked with RMIT to create a single sign on. If you are a new user, you can now login with your RMIT username and password.
If you are a returning user and wish to keep all your Lynda.com history and playlists, you will be able to transfer your existing profile by choosing the 'I've had an account' option.
If having problems, Ask a Librarian for help.
Accessing Lynda.com through an app
Check if an app is available for your device
- Install and then Open the App
- From the menu select login
- Change the login option from Individual to Organization via the Tab
- In the Web Portal section enter rmit.edu.au - leave the other fields blank.
- The next screen will be the RMIT Central Authentication Service - log in here using your RMIT student number and password.
- After you have logged in then a message displays Open this page in "Lynda.com" - select Open
You should now be able to use the App.