RMIT University

Cancel your enrolment

Here is what you need to do if you wish to cancel your enrolment.

To cancel your enrolment you must inform RMIT in writing before the census date for the relevant semester in which you wish to cancel. If you fail to do this you will remain liable for fees for that semester even if you do not wish to continue your studies.

How to cancel

Please be aware that you cannot cancel your enrolment or drop your last course using Enrolment Online.

To cancel your enrolment:

The relevant census dates for your level of study are available at Important dates.

If you cannot lodge the form by the census date, please contact RMIT Connect to discuss your options.

Onshore international students

If you wish to cancel your enrolment before you have finished six months of study in your principal program then you must apply for a release from RMIT before you submit the Cancellation of enrolment form.

For information on how to apply for a release please go to the Transferring between registered providers web page and follow the Current RMIT students – application for release from RMIT instructions.

Note that you may be charged an administrative fee for canceling your enrolment.

For details please refer to the refund guidelines located on the Policies and procedures website. Forms are available from the Student forms webpage or via RMIT Connect.

The form must be received and stamped prior to the relevant census date in each semester/term to avoid financial and/or academic penalties.