Centre for Additive Manufacturing (CAM)
The Centre for Additive Manufacturing brings together key research staff within several schools to generate critical research mass in advanced manufacturing technology and design.
We focus on the following research themes:
- Advanced manufacturing technologies and methods
- Materials science and the development of new powder alloys, micro and mechanical structures with a metals focus
- Advanced design using topology optimisation, development of novel approaches to topology optimisation and the development of algorithms
- Applying design and optimisation of components into real industrial based products.
- RMIT showcases the future of engineering 24/11/2014RMIT University research and innovation will be showcased at the international Engineers Australia convention this week.
- 3D printing research moves ahead in partnership with China 24/06/2014Research into the use of different metals in 3D printing will be the focus of a new collaborative centre.