RMIT offers a range of scholarships to current international students across all fields of study. Scholarships include financial support for students from diverse backgrounds, rewards for academic excellence and full scholarships for research students.
View the sections below to discover which scholarship options are right for you.
Future student scholarships
Please visit the future international student scholarships page for more information
- Irana Turynska Scholarship If you are female and will be enrolled full-time in your third year of the Bachelor of Architectural Design or first year of the Master of Architecture, this scholarship could provide financial assistance.
- Gavin Teague Memorial Scholarship If you are a full-time Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art) student who and can demonstrate artistic merit and disadvantage, this scholarship could provide you with financial assistance.
- School of Art Honours Travelling Grant If you are a full-time Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art) (Honours) student and can demonstrate outstanding academic achievement in individual studio practice, this grant could provide you with financial assistance for you to travel and take your art to the next level.
- Jacob and Charlotte Kahane Scholarship If you are a full-time journalism student and have at least one year of your program left to complete, this scholarship could provide financial assistance towards your study costs.
- RMIT Cultural Visions Scholarship If you wish to make a documentary or short film exploring cultural dynamics and integration within Australian communities–past, present and/or future, this scholarship could assist.
Postgraduate by research scholarships
- ARC Research Hub for Australian Steel Manufacturing PhD Scholarship in “Investigation of the mechanism of action of antifungal surfaces” BlueScope is attempting development of antifungal technology for roofing products. The challenges of this development require a new technology platform.
- ATN – LATAM Research Scholarships Australian Network of Universities and RMIT Research Scholarships for Latin America
- Data61 PhD Scholarship To create a better world for future generations, CSIRO’s Data61 impart a calibre and depth of research that impacts a wide range of industries.
- Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships For international students, worth up to $263,500; applications now open.
- International Tuition Fee Scholarships RMIT has two international tuition fee scholarships that are available. These are the RTP International Fee Offset Scholarship (RIFOS) and the RMIT Research International Tuition Fee Scholarship (RRITFS). Both RIFOS and RRITFS scholarships provide tuition fees for a period of 3 years.
- Masters Scholarship in Novel Perovskite like Antimony(V)Halide Complexes for Solar PV Postgraduate research; Science; Chemistry; Materials Science; Solar Cells; Nanotechnology; Perovskite.
- Masters by Research scholarship in Chemical Engineering in partnership with Boeing This project will research resin mixing technology to enable the safe manufacture of aerospace grades resins for the production of advanced composite materials by resin infusion.
- Meat Technology Scholarship RMIT University has received support from the Australian Meat Processor Corporation (AMPC) to invest in future research and technical leaders.
- Non-Destructive Evaluation of Laser Beam Welded and Brazed Joints This project will investigate different non-destructive evaluation techniques to determine the quality of welded joints used in construction of motor cars.
- PhD Scholarship in Advanced 2D Piezoelectric Materials and Micro-Nano-Devices For PhD candidate interested in undertaking research into new 2D piezoelectric materials and devices. Working in a multidisciplinary team in physics, chemistry, nanotechnology.
- PhD Scholarship in Atom-photon hybrid quantum processors We seek two outstanding & enthusiastic PhD candidates to work on atom-photon hybrid quantum processors at the RMIT node of the ARC Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology.
- PhD Scholarship in Cell Tracking For PhD candidates in computer science, electrical, biomedical, or mechatronics engineering; worth $28,849; applications now open.
- PhD Scholarship in Chemical and Rheological Assessment of Rejuvenated Asphalt Material For a PhD candidate in civil or chemical engineering to work on recycled and sustainable materials for road pavement construction; worth $27,000 per annum; applications close when the candidate is selected.
- PhD Scholarship in Comfort and Ergonomics: Innovative Seating Solutions for Commercial Vehicles The scholarships are for proactive students who have excellent academic or research publication records. The students with mechanical or automatic control background are preferred.
- PhD Scholarship in Computational Biophysics For PhD candidates in physics, chemistry, biophysics, biology or engineering; worth up to $30,000 per year; also available as top-up scholarship for up to $10,000 per year; applications now open.
- PhD Scholarship in Computational Design (Architecture) The design research will explore the synthetic integration of multiple functions within complex geometries through large-scale 3D printing and other robotic fabrication processes.
- PhD Scholarship in Computer Vision For PhD candidates in computer science, electrical, biomedical, or mechatronics engineering; worth $28,849 per year for up to three years; applications now open.
- PhD Scholarship in Development Vibration Energy Harvesting Devices for Train Carrier Suspension The scholarships are for proactive students who have excellent academic or research publication records. Local students with the mechanical/electrical/civil engineering background are preferred.
- PhD Scholarship in Energy Research in Chemical Engineering For a PhD candidate to work on advanced functional materials and low emission technologies for the production of greener products; worth up to $30,000 per annum; applications close when candidate is selected.
- PhD Scholarship in Housing Energy Efficiency Transitions (HEET) - Scaling up affordable retrofit This project will investigate 1) the lived experience of households (including energy poor) and low carbon retrofit and 2) business that supply retrofit services
- PhD Scholarship in Nutritional Genomics and The Mediterranean Diet The Mediterranean Diet has beneficial influences on health. However, there is limited evidence demonstrating how genetic variations may influence a person’s response to this diet on an epigenetic, gut microbiome and metabolic level.
- PhD Scholarship in Privacy Searching on Streaming Data A PhD scholarship is available for a candidate to undertake research of private searching on streaming data.
- PhD Scholarship in Privacy-Preserving Cloud Data Mining-as-a-Service A PhD scholarship is available for a candidate to undertake research of practical privacy-preserving solutions for cloud data mining-as-a-service.
- PhD Scholarship in Privacy-Preserving Online User Matching This PhD scholarship is available for a candidate to undertake research of privacy preserving solutions for online user matching with multiple servers.
- PhD Scholarship in Robotic Fabrication and Complex Geometry (Architecture) A PhD scholarship is available for a candidate to undertake research in generative design and complex geometries, with a focus on robotic fabrication and 3D printing, as part of the RMIT Boeing Research Alliance
- PhD Scholarship in Self-powered Active Noise Control via a Nanofibre Acoustoelectric Converter The scholarships are for proactive students who have excellent academic or research publication records. The students with mechanical/materials/chemistry or acoustic background are preferred.
- PhD Scholarship in Structural Optimisation for Aerospace Applications This PhD project is aimed at developing a systematic and efficient technique for the fail-safe design in structural topology optimisation.
- PhD Scholarship in Visual Analytics For PhD candidates in computer science, electrical, biomedical, or mechatronics engineering; worth $28,849 per year for up to three years; applications now open.
- PhD Scholarship in curatorial practices - RMIT University and Arts at CERN CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research and RMIT University, a PhD Curatorial Research Scholarship, in trans-disciplinary curatorial practices, where art meets physics.
- PhD Scholarship in design and development of natural systems waste water treatment and landscape design A PhD scholarship is available for candidates to work with land developers, water utilities and local and State governments to research the design and development of natural systems waste water treatment and landscape design.
- PhD Scholarship in the ARC Centre of Excellence for Nanoscale BioPhotonics For PhD candidates who are looking for multi-disciplinary research opportunities with an exciting and dynamic team; worth up to $29,849; applications close when the positions have been filled.
- PhD Top-up Grant in Semiconductor Quantum Dot Solar Cell Research For PhD candidates who wish to undertake research in development of Semiconductor Quantum Dot Solar Cells; worth $5000 per annum; applications now open.
- PhD top-up scholarship in mathematical sciences or geospatial sciences For PhD students in mathematical sciences or geospatial sciences; worth $10,000; applications now open.
- Reversing the Decline of Innovation in Australian Manufacturing and Services The aim of the project is to investigate the pattern of Australian firms’ innovation, in terms of technological (product and process) as well as non-technological (marketing and organisational) innovations. This will be done by analysing the enabling and inhibiting factors at micro and macro levels, using large scale data representative of firms in various Knowledge Intensive Sectors, regions, and size classes. This is much needed and timely because Australian firms’ innovation ranks poorly against other countries and has declined persistently since the years preceding the Global Financial Crisis.
- SPACE Environment Research Centre Top-Up Scholarship For a PhD or Master candidate; worth up to $15,000 per annum; applications are now open and top-up scholarships will remain open until all the positions are filled.
- Tony Naughton Memorial PhD Scholarship in Economics, Finance and Marketing In recognition of Professor Tony Naughton, Head of School Economics Finance and Marketing from 2003 to 2013, the School has established a PhD scholarship for an outstanding student.
- Vice-Chancellor’s PhD Scholarship (VCPS) For local and international doctoral research candidates; a stipend of $43,600 and an additional $5,000 research support allowance of per annum and other allowances and leave provisions.
Please visit the travel scholarships page for more information.
Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships
For postgraduate study in the USA. Applications close August.
Graduate Women Victoria Scholarship Program
Offers an annual program of scholarships and bursaries for female students in universities across Victoria enrolled in either a fourth year of a bachelor honours, a graduate diploma or a masters program, or for female Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. Applications close March.
International Student of the Year – English Language Training
This Award will be presented to an international student who has studied a minimum of 20 weeks of an English Language course and has demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and contributed to the internationalisation of their institution and the broader Victorian community.
International Student of the Year Award – Higher Education
This Award will be presented to an international student who has studied an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework based program at a Victorian university and demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and contributed to the internationalisation of their institution and the broader Victorian community.
International Student of the Year Award – Vocational Education and Training (VET)
This Award will be presented to an international student who has undertaken a VET course and has demonstrated outstanding achievement in their studies and contributed to the internationalisation of their institution and the broader Victorian community.