Staff Central and ESS
Staff Central and Employee Self Service (ESS) are the two human resources technology platforms used to manage and maintain employee information. From February 2015, RMIT will incrementally transition all functions from ESS to Staff Central.
Staff Central 2015 Workplans
Workplans have moved from ESS to Staff Central. Staff Central Workplans feature:
- Same sign on with your RMIT network login
- Access from RMIT’s main browsers
- Easier navigation and tracking of the workplanning process
- An audit log so you can always see previous versions your workplan
- A spell check
- Clear and simple email notifications
- Manager dashboard and analytics
- Objective library.
Visit Workplanning for more on Staff Central Workplans.
Employee Self Service (ESS)
Employee Self Service (ESS) provides access to view, submit some employment related payment claims, and in some cases update staff data in the University’s SAP system.
Common activities performed on ESS include:
- Access your payment summary
- Access payslips
- Submit and display a payment claim, for example, apply for overtime or additional hours
- Display and change your emergency contact and mailing address information
- Display any objects on load to you from the University
- Display your bank details
- Display your professional development activities
- Display your professional qualifications
Any changes you make in ESS will update your record immediately.
For password changes and technical queries/support contact the Service and Support Centre.
ESS quick reference guides
ESS recommended browsers
To optimise your experience on campus, we recommend you access ESS using one of the following supported web browsers:
Internet Explorer 7 & 8
Apple Mac OS
Apple Mac OS 10.6/10.7
Apple Mac OS 10.8
All other browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Safari are not supported.
ESS for Mac/Internet Explorer 11 users
On campus: Follow these instructions (open in new window) to open ESS via an alternative application called mySoftware. mySoftware is the application used to run virtual software which provides access to ESS via the most compatible browser.
Off campus: Follow these instructions (open in new window) open ESS via an alternative application called myDesktop. myDesktop is the application used for a virtual desktop environment, which provides access to ESS via the most compatible browser.
Need to submit a payment claim?