Human Resources Systems refers to the systems and processes at the intersection between human resources management and information technology
RMIT University use three human resources technology platforms:
Employee Self service (ESS) powered by SAP to manage and maintain employee information, PageUp to manage online recruitment activity, and Staff Central to manage Performance Workplans.
Interruption to Staff Central - Saturday 24 June 2017
Staff Central will be unavailable from 12.01am to 10am on Saturday 24 due to scheduled maintenance.
To keep an eye on the time and duration of planned maintenance works, please visit the IT service status page, visit the IT service status page.
ESS information & user guides
Employee Self Service (ESS) provides access to view, submit some employment related payment claims, and in some cases update staff data in the University’s SAP system.
Common activities performed on ESS include:
- Access your payment summary
- Access your payslips
- Submit and display a payment claim, for example, apply for overtime or additional hours
- Display and change your emergency contact and mailing address information
- Display any objects on loan to you from the University
- Display your bank details
- Display your professional development activities
- Display your professional qualifications
Any changes you make in ESS will update your record immediately.
For password changes and technical queries/support contact the Service and Support Centre.
- Access password and sign off information
- ESS quick reference guide for fixed-term and continuing staff (PDF, 356KB, 4p)
- ESS quick reference guide for casuals (PDF, 815 kb, 4p)
- Safey Suite quick reference guide (DOC, 75 kb, 4p)
- ESS leave approval quick reference guide (PDF, 172 kb, 3p)
- ESS leave approval browser notes (PDF, 36 kb, 1p)
- ESS using Internet Explorer 9 notes (DOC, 26.5 kb, 1p)
- Viewing your performance workplans (PDF, 552 kb, 2p)
- Performance workplan guide for managers (PDF, 2.22 mb, 15p)
To optimise your experience on campus, we recommend you access ESS using one of the following supported web browsers:
Internet Explorer 7 & 8
Internet Explorer 9 & 10 or myDesktop
Internet Explorer 10 or myDesktop
Apple Mac OS
Apple Mac OS 10.6/10.7
Apple Mac OS 10.8
All other browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Safari are not supported.
ESS for Mac/Internet Explorer 11 users
Off campus: Follow these instructions open ESS via an alternative application called myDesktop. myDesktop is the application used for a virtual desktop environment, which provides access to ESS via the most compatible browser.
Staff Central information & user guides
Workplans have moved from ESS to Staff Central. Staff Central Workplans feature:
- Same sign on with your RMIT network login
- Access from RMIT’s main browsers
- Easier navigation and tracking of the workplanning process
- An audit log so you can always see previous versions of your workplan
- A spell check
- Clear and simple email notifications
- Manager dashboard and analytics
- Objective library.
Visit Workplanning for more on Staff Central Workplans.
Workplanning tools and resources have been created to provide you with learning solutions that are relevant, flexible and current and include both face-to-face and self directed learning.
- Skill builders to help you prepare for workplanning, set objectives, and manage the review and appraisal stages of the performance cycle.
- MyPerformance at RMIT workshop
- Workplanning FAQs
- E-learning simulations to help you use Staff Central
- Guide to features and changes in your 2017 Performance Workplan (PDF, 255KB, 3p)
- Manager Dashboard (PDF, 323KB, 2p)
- Manager workplan reporting (PDF, 773KB, 2p)
- Copy objectives from your previous workplan (PDF, 358KB, 2p)
- Add attachments to your workplan (PDF, 338KB, 2p)
- Staff Central – Adhoc Reporting for Managers (PDF, 506KB, 2p)
- MyPerformance at RMIT guide (PDF, 1.43 MB 41p)
- Workplan essentials (PDF, 446KB, 2p)
- Objective library (XLS, 423KB, 1p)
- Objective setting (PDF, 340KB, 2p)
- 2017 performance workplan discussion guide (DOCX, 54KB, 3p)
- End of year appraisal (PDF, 290KB, 2p)
- Mid-year review (PDF, 328KB, 2p)
Recruitment/PageUp information & user guides
Human Resources offers assistance through the recruitment and selection process to support hiring managers to employ the right candidates.
RMIT uses the online recruitment system, PageUp, to manage recruitment activity. PageUp allows hiring manages to create a recruitment request, seek approval to recruit, upload position descriptions, review applications for short-listing, and approve an appointment.