Blackboard notifications now available
Blackboard’s notification system can notify staff and students of updates to their Blackboard course content and activities that require action.
Notifications can help staff stay on top of activity across all Blackboard courses, including retention centre alerts, student assessments to be graded, and unread discussion board posts, blog entries, journal entries, and course messages.
Students can also be notified of course activity such as upcoming and past due assignments, new course content, and unread discussion board posts and blog entries.
Blackboard is the course level online learning management system (LMS) used at RMIT. Teachers and their students will have access to an online Blackboard shell for their courses. All undergraduate courses and many post graduate courses have Blackboard shells which can be used for a variety of learning and teaching activities including:
- Creating and distributing interactive course activities and content.
- Engaging and communicating with students through social learning.
- Managing student collaborative and reflective activities.
- Conducting online assessment.
- Storing assessment to comply with assessment requirements.
- Recording and distributing student grades.
Bb Student mobile app
Bb Student is Blackboard's newest mobile solution that helps students react quickly to their changing course needs, while learning to plan for the future.
With Bb Student, you can:
- Quickly view updates to your courses and content
- Take assignments and tests
- View course, assignment, and test grades
Please be aware that Bb Student has limited functionality compared to the full desktop version and should not be used as a replacement. Some features, including some media, tests, and Turnitin, do not function or display properly.
Accessing RMIT Vietnam courses
A separate login is no longer required to access Blackboard courses delivered in Vietnam. The ‘Programs and Courses’ listing within Blackboard will now display all Melbourne and Vietnam courses you have access to. Please note that Vietnam courses will not display in the Learning Hub listing.[Next: Getting started]