Blackboard was upgraded as part of regular maintenance on Saturday 6 December 2014.
As part of the upgrade, several issues have been identified:
For support with any of these issues, contact the IT service desk.
Blackboard is the course level online learning management system (LMS) used at RMIT. Teachers and their students will have access to an online Blackboard shell for their courses. All undergraduate courses and many post graduate courses have Blackboard shells which can be used for a variety of learning and teaching activities including:
- Creating and distributing interactive course activities and content.
- Engaging and communicating with students through social learning.
- Managing student collaborative and reflective activities.
- Conducting online assessment.
- Storing assessment to comply with assessment requirements.
- Recording and distributing student grades.
Blackboard Mobile Learn is available for both Apple and Android devices. Instructors and their students can view course content and interact with discussion boards and create and comment on blog and journal posts. In addition, instructors can post announcements and content items. Instructors should be aware, when designing Blackboard sites, to optimise the site for mobile access.
Please be aware that Blackboard Mobile Learn has limited functionality compared to the full desktop version and should not be used as a replacement. Some features, including some media, tests, and Turnitin, do not function or display properly.
- Blackboard Mobile Learn - Apple iTunes App Store
- Blackboard Mobile Learn - Android Google Play Store
Accessing RMIT Vietnam courses
A separate login is no longer required to access Blackboard courses delivered in Vietnam. The ‘Programs and Courses’ listing within Blackboard will now display all Melbourne and Vietnam courses you have access to. Please note that Vietnam courses will not display in the Learning Hub listing.[Next: Getting started]