Course Title: Service Quality
Part A: Course Overview
Course Title: Service Quality
Credit Points: 12.00
Course Coordinator: Emily Chung
Course Coordinator Phone: +61 3 9925 1503
Course Coordinator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-requisite Courses and Assumed Knowledge and Capabilities
Required Prior Study
008953 - Marketing Principles
This course will provide you with useful tools and develop yours skills for services marketing and management decision-making. It recognises that many graduates will work in the services sector and that an understanding of both marketing and management issues in this area is essential. The services considered encompass professional services, services to consumers and business customers as well as services that are linked to tangible products.
Objectives/Learning Outcomes/Capability Development
On the successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply key concepts of service marketing and practices in managing service businesses.
- Differentiate between marketing of services versus tangible goods to provide solutions addressing the challenges associated with the marketing of services.
- Develop effective and innovative marketing plans and strategies in relation to the ‘expanded marketing mix for services.
- Examine consumer behaviours within a diverse range of service contexts to inform marketing decisions.
- Evaluate the service quality of an organisation and recommend solutions for quality improvement.
- Interact and collaborate with others effectively in a variety of professional settings.
Overview of Learning Activities
In this course you will be encouraged to be an active learner. Your learning will be supported through various in-class and online activities comprising individual and group work. These may include quizzes; assignments; prescribed readings; sourcing, researching and analysing specific information; solving problems; conducting presentations; producing written work and collaborating with peers on set tasks or projects.
Overview of Learning Resources
Various learning resources are available online through MyRMIT Studies\Canvas. These may include topic notes and slides, a study schedule, assessment details, links to relevant internet information, readings and communication tools to facilitate collaboration with your peers and sharing of information.
Resources are also available online through RMIT Library databases and other facilities. If you require assistance with the RMIT library facilities contact the Business Liaison Librarian for your school. Contact details for Business Liaison Librarians are located online on the RMIT Library website.
Additional resources and/or sources to assist your learning will be identified by your course coordinator and will be made available to you as required during the teaching period.
Overview of Assessment
The assessment tasks, their weighting and the course learning outcomes to which they are aligned are as follows:
Assessment Task 1: 10%
Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 4
Assessment Task 2: 40%
Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Feedback will be provided throughout the semester in class and/or in online forums through individual and group feedback on practical exercises and by individual consultation.