Course Title: Quality Management
Part A: Course Overview
Course Title: Quality Management
Credit Points: 12.00
325H Property, Construction & Project Management
|Sem 2 2007,
Sem 2 2008,
Sem 2 2009,
Sem 2 2010,
Sem 2 2011,
Sem 2 2012,
Sem 2 2013,
Sem 2 2014,
Sem 2 2015,
Sem 2 2016,
Sem 2 2017,
Sem 2 2018,
Sem 2 2019,
Sem 2 2020
Course Coordinator: Omid Haass
Course Coordinator Phone: +61 3 9925 3610
Course Coordinator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Coordinator Location: 8.7.60
Pre-requisite Courses and Assumed Knowledge and Capabilities
This course will introduce you to key Quality Management (QM) processes in Project Management. This course examines the role quality management plays in effective project management. You will develop your knowledge of how Quality Management processes are planned and implemented in order to satisfy the quality requirements of a project
Objectives/Learning Outcomes/Capability Development
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
This course will develop the following program learning outcomes:
- Determine and apply knowledge of complex project management theory to your professional practice and/or further study
- Professionally communicate to a range of audiences, demonstrating in depth knowledge of the discipline and of the needs of diverse project management stakeholders
- Apply logical, critical and creative thinking to analyse, synthesise and apply theoretical knowledge, and technical skills, to formulate evidenced based solutions to industry problems or issues
- Collaborate effectively with others and demonstrate intellectual independence and autonomy to solve problems and/or address industry issues and imperatives
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs)
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the role of Quality Management processes in Project Management
- Analyse and apply Quality Management concepts to project planning
- Select and apply appropriate techniques for achieving quality related goals in a project
- Collaborate within a team to develop a quality management plan which responds to the needs of project stakeholders
Overview of Learning Activities
Learning activities in this course will include problem solving and case study exercises, group discussions and individual and team based activities.
Overview of Learning Resources
RMIT will provide you with resources and tools for learning in this course through our on line systems. You will be expected to utilise library and electronic recourses (as well as any other appropriate resources) to engage in professional reading of any relevant educational literature related to Quality management.
Overview of Assessment
You will be assessed on how well you meet the course’s learning outcomes and on your development against the program learning outcomes. Assessment consists of:
Task 1: Class activities (comprises of group and individual tasks): Weekly class activities in groups or individually related to topics been taught in each lectorial session. 36% weighting. CLO1, CLO2, CLO3, CLO4.
Task 2: Group work (video, presentation, report): Quality management plan. 50% weighting. CLO1, CLO2, CLO3, CLO4.
Task 3: Individual reflection (essay): a critical reflection on knowledge and skill development. 14% weighting. CLO1, CLO2.
Feedback will be given on all assessment tasks.
Equitable Learning Services
Equitable Learning Services (ELS) provide support and equal opportunities for students with a disability, long-term illness and/or mental health condition and primary carers of individuals with a disability. You can contact the ELS if you would like to find out more: https://www.rmit.edu.au/students/support-and-facilities/student-support/equitable-learning-services. You can also contact the course coordinator or the program coordinator if you would like to find out more.
An assessment charter (http://mams.rmit.edu.au/kh6a3ly2wi2h1.pdf) summarises your responsibilities as an RMIT student as well as those of your teaching staff.
Your course assessment conforms to RMIT assessment principles, regulations, policies and procedures which are described and referenced in a single document: http://www.rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=ln1kd66y87rc.