- Learning outcomes
- Program delivery and structure
AD006 - Associate Degree in Information Technology
Plan: AD006P11 - Associate Degree in Information Technology
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
On successful completion of the program you will achieve the program learning outcomes listed under the nominated topic headings:
This is the understanding of appropriate and relevant fundamental and applied scientific knowledge with the ability to use and apply that knowledge in a wide range of situations, including new situations within the professional discipline. The vocational emphasis of this program ensures that the knowledge acquired has practical applications that will be experienced in the simulated workplace setting of the laboratory.
- Examine and consider accurately and objectively any topic, evidence, or situation.
- Analyse and model requirements and constraints for the purpose of designing and implementing Information Technology systems;
- Evaluate and compare designs of such systems on the basis of requirements of the organisational needs.
- Analyse problems and synthesise suitable solutions.
- Design and implement Information Technology systems that accommodate specified requirements and constraints, based on analysis or requirements specification
- Communicate effectively with a variety of audiences through a range of modes and media.
- Present and explain complex Information Technology systems solutions, alternative solutions, and decision recommendations to both IT and non-IT personnel via technical reports of professional standard and technical presentations.
- In general this capability allows one to work as an effective and productive team member in a range of professional and social situations.
- Work effectively in different roles, to form, manage, and successfully produce outcomes from teams, whose members may have diverse cultural backgrounds and life circumstances, and differing levels of technical expertise.
- Accepting responsibility for one's own learning and make informed decisions in judging and adopting appropriate behaviour in professional and social situations.
- Effectively apply relevant standards, ethical considerations, and an understanding of legal and privacy issues to designing IT systems.
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]